Pothole injury claim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I just withdrew my case after suffering a pelvic fracture and broken ribs after hitting a pothole about twelve months ago. The crux of the matter is you have to show the defect was previously reported and sufficiently severe for it to be negligent of the council to not have fixed it. If it has not been reported then that task becomes harder. The council have to disclose phone complaints received as well as written reports. In my case there was no previous report of the whole so the chances of winning in court would not be good.
Good luck with it.
I pursued them not for compensation albeit there was a claim, but so they had to deal with it, it also adds to the record of the decline of the roads infrastructure and the damage done to individuals.
Sorry to see that you felt you'd to withdraw your claim.
I've often wondered if this is why some councils won't accept reports from third party sites. They can then say they were unaware of any defect.

Reactions: C R

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I know Hacienda71 had a good claim, and we know the injuries he suffered. Good luck OP. It's incredibly hard. I dropped a case over 30 years ago when I slid down a road on a spillage.

Hope the solicitors can find a way through. Given the state of the roads I ride on most are pretty ropy. The unclassified or minor B roads tend to be better than A roads.

Top Bottom