Power Curve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Morning. Just wondering if someone can offer me some insight into my Strava power curve. I've been doing some quite intense efforts on the turbo recently in order to get in the best shape I can for the local 10 mile TT. I did one (unofficial - it was in my own time, last Sunday morning) the other day as a marker and recorded 272w for the ride. Last night in the official one I recorded 262w. Can't compare times because courses are a little different, but needless to say I was disappointed to be 10w down in 5 days. Looking at my power curve makes last night's effort seem even worse! Why would I have been so rubbish yesterday - would it be due to "over training" or bad preparation: in the daytime yesterday I had a 2 mile hike in the country interspersed with some canoeing and wild (but mild!) swimming. Have also included a screenshot of the "power" only part of my Fitness and Freshness chart for comparison.

Attachments

• 20200807_062145.jpg
    20200807_062145.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200807_063316.jpg
    20200807_063316.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 8

CXRAndy

Guru
Why would I have been so rubbish yesterday - would it be due to "over training" or bad preparation

Yes, and whole lot more parameters.

Being in peak form is an art and data analysis, that experts charge handsomely for or athletes spend years learning their own body requirements.

It really is that difficult, a bad nights sleep, poor fuelling, over training, temperature, time of day-Circadian rhythms.

Just keep training if you dont feel tired, rest more if you do, even have a break.

Do get too hung up on it.

TT times are so influenced by wind and weather.

Top Bottom