Power meter for Cannondale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The accuracy trope is a bit overdone. The average rider with access to a single power meter and nothing to compare it to will simply never know one way or another where the figures land.

So they install it, update it, calibrate it, do an FTP test then base training off that.. Makes no difference if it's reading over or under because it will always be so until compared to another unit, you're still training and hopefully improving + retesting FTP exactly the same.

FWIW: I happen to have been riding with an xcadey pm for 7months now :whistle:
That is fine if it consistently over or under reading. When it is a random number generator then it is far worse than not having a PM at all. I have experienced a PM that could over and under read by hundreds of watts.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Sounds broken.

It was - an Avio PowerSense, never worked despite a lot of effort from both parties.
FWIW
My first one (shop fitted) wouldn't read at all IIRC.
The Avio factory calibrated it and it would read but either superman or extreme low.
So they replaced it altogether and that was pretty steady numbers wise but a bit slow to start, particularly after a cafe stop and quite often after getting wet would need dried out and new batteries.
Eventually its seals failed altogether right at the start of the 1st lockdown and I couldn't get hold of Avio.
I got some good news about my job so went out and bought a 4iiii to match my crank set instead (The Avio was glued to an Ultegra crank and I was now running 2nd hand DA). Avio did eventually respond but by that time I was a happy 4iiii owner.
The Avio numbers did seem comparable to the 4iiii but the 4iiii is more reliable and faster starting.
I might try their seal upgrade (IIRC its cheap) and run it on my winter bike but I am in no rush as I usually ride the summer bike all year round (I change the wheels for winter and fit guards).

JuhaL

Guru
I have 2 power meters, Quaq DZero on a Cervelo S3 and Power2max NGeco on a Tarmac SL7. Nothing bad to say about those power meters, both are worked very well and a power readings are concordant. Both power meters i have left and right balance measurement but they are based only on evaluation so no 100% count on that.

Top Bottom