Power meter for Cannondale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Novak82

Hi,

I am looking to add a power meter to my Cannondale SuperSix Evo Ultegra 2019.

Have done some research and I know that power2max is one of the options, however not sure if I want to spend that amount of money.

I was looking at Vectors as well, but with mixed reviews, that is probably off the table as well.

I decided that I want to explore Stages, however not sure if that will fit my bike.

I know they are compatible with Hollowgram Si and SiSl, however, my crankset is Si(not Hollowgram) with FSA chainrings, and I can't find whether they will still fit?

Any advice?

rivers

How far can I go?
I have a set of favero assioma pedals that I use on my TT bike (cannondale slice) and my road bike (not a cannondale). I can't fault them.

I have a set of favero assioma pedals that I use on my TT bike (cannondale slice) and my road bike (not a cannondale). I can't fault them.

Same here. I bought a second hand set with LHS power meter and just swap the actual power meter pedal between bikes. Very happy with them and a charge lasts me about 3 months or so.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I had all sorts of problems with crank powermeters on an Si crank. I think it was because of the carbon cranks which most manufacturers could not get get working accurately with their strain gauges. . I bought Garmin Vector's and have not had a single problem. I would buy the Rally in a heartbeat as with the Vectors I had to move over to Look pedals, whilst Rally offer SPD-SL. I am very glad I went with a pedal based system as swapping between bikes is very easy. The Favero gets great reviews too, so very much worth looking at.

mattobrien

Guru
We have a few power meters in our house;
Quarq x6
Assioma x2
Rotor 2inpower x1
Garmin Vector x1

As you may have guessed Quarq is the preferred PM where it works with the bike. With a Quarq crankset you can get a PM for c. £550 plus chainrings. I haven’t had any issues with then, neither has Mrs O, and that will be over many miles.

I really rate Assiomas but the pod is fugly, they work brilliantly and beyond the aesthetics I have no complaints. They are a better product than the Garmin Vector and have worked flawlessly. If your after a pedal based solution you won’t go wrong with these and can spend the £500 saving vs Garmin Rally on something useful, like another PM.

no complaints with the Rotor, it is on my TT bike. The Vecotrs have been less than flawless but better since the last battery pod update.

I have had Stages too, but they wouldn’t stay connected with my Garmin 820. I may have a random number generator the good they were. With the known issues with dual sided stages on shimano cranks, I’d avoid.

I should add I have the Assiomas on my Cannondale. Most sensible and versatile solution for that bike

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'd not look at them unless DC Rainmaker has reviewed them favourably.
Why not?

OP
OP
Novak82

Novak82

Thanks guys, looks like there are more options than I initially thought. As it will be my first power meter, I rather not to break a bank, so adding different crankset won't be an option at this stages. Might need to explore Assiomas, until I save up for Power2Max

Last edited:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Because some power meters aren't accurate.
The accuracy trope is a bit overdone. The average rider with access to a single power meter and nothing to compare it to will simply never know one way or another where the figures land.

So they install it, update it, calibrate it, do an FTP test then base training off that.. Makes no difference if it's reading over or under because it will always be so until compared to another unit, you're still training and hopefully improving + retesting FTP exactly the same.

FWIW: I happen to have been riding with an xcadey pm for 7months now :whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom