Power pedal kickstarter - anyone have any input

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I waited for about 18 months and got bored, was supposed to ship out end 2019, the early 2020....... and now it seems there's still an evolving deadline.

I bought an Assioma over a year ago and have been very happy with them, bought 2nd hand i didn't pay that much more than the prices in the link.

si_c

Guru
I'd be concerned about putting a not insignificant amount of money down sight unseen on an unproven power meter with unknown accuracy. They seem reasonably well priced and potentially good value for money, but given that the biggest difficulty with a power meter is getting the hardware and firmware to work well together I'd opt for a proven power meter instead.

You can pick up a left sided 4iiii power meter for around £300 and they are very good, for a little more you can get the Assioma Uno, another proven, high quality power meter.

I've bought a kickstarter type power meter before but the company producing it already had a track record in the field, however it wasn't plain sailing and there were hardware issues that needed to be rectified by returning the unit (not perfectly sealed) and it took a few iterations of the firmware for it to be entirely consistent.

Not an experience I'd repeat now given the change in the marketplace for power meters especially now they have more than halved in price in the intervening time.

OP
OP
ExBrit

ExBrit

Über Member
1628718402048.png

Top Bottom