Pre-Christmas Motorist Madness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

catwoman

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?
Tonight I was riding home (in the pouring rain). I made a left turn into a side road and before I knew it a motorist almost killed me, well it felt like that.
He was also turning into the side road from the other direction (a right turn). He pulled over after overtaking me and approached calling me all the names under the sun. I'm a f*****g c**t, a stupid sl*g, a stupid sl*t etc etc. Those are the ones I remember anyway. He was insisting I should have given way for him and let him turn first. I explained to him that I had right of way but he wasn't interested.
He told me that if there weren't cameras in the vicinity he would punch me in the face.
I thanked him for his comments and he got back in his car and drove off. I was absolutely terrified.
Incidents like this only seem to happen to me in the run-up to Christmas. I can remember two others where both the drivers got out of their vehicles and threatened me with violence for no other reason than my just being there. Both happened in the run-up to Christmas.
I've had a rotten couple of weeks at work and feel like resigning and now this.
I have to admit when I got home I cried. I feel really abused from all quarters and really down.

longers

Legendary Member
Terrible thing to happen to you :biggrin::biggrin:!:biggrin:.

I hope you got a note of his number plate because that really is worth reporting.

You say there were cameras in the vicinity. Definately get it reported.

Have a virtual hug and a hot chocolate to help you feel better.

ash68

agree with longers,that sort of behaviour is uncalled for. Would think you would be too shaken up to get the car number plate.Also agree about reporting the matter to the police, as the driver said there was cctv cameras around. Might save someone else from the same abuse.May make him think twice next time? Definelty make you feel better:smile: Virtual hugs called for, and forget all about the problems at work for tonight. IT's the weekend Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee:biggrin::biggrin:

dondare

Über Member
Dunno about Christmas, but it seems that bad weather brings out the worst in bad drivers.
Report to Police.

Unfreakingbelievable. What a horrible thing to happen. I count my lucky stars that I'm a big tall ugly bloke with a good line in glaring. This kind of psycotic twuntism makes one want to take up arms. Hope you're ok Puss.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
fossyant said:
Have a glass of vino from me !

I'm ashamed to say that I read that as "Vimto", and was thinking the OP would probably want something stronger ...

So sorry to hear about your experience, Catwoman - as the others have said, reporting it would be a good idea - hope you can put it out of mind and get on with enjoying your cycling.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Yes that is the strange thing that as we approach the season of "peace on earth and good will to all men" drivers seem to get more aggressive. not just with cyclist, they have a go at everyone. Get a helmet cam for Christmas and report it to the police...

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Another one advising you report it to the police. Hopefully its a company car and they go to his employers:evil:

mickle said:
I'm a big tall ugly bloke
So thats the reason for the Darth Vader mask?:biggrin:

This is outrageous! Report it to the Police, and make sure you let them know that he was using derogatory sexist language too.

I'm very glad you are physically ok, what a nasty thing to happen. There is definitely something going on at the moment.

Don't worry about going home and having a cry, its no wonder really considering what happened! I'm betting that he was just a bully who took the opportunity to vent his frustrations at having a c*ck the size of a peanut on you.

OP
OP
catwoman

catwoman

Thanks for all the supportive messages. They cheered me up. I've had a couple of cold drinks now and will go swimming for an hour in the morning. That'll restore me.
Onwards and upwards! :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
What the driver did and said was bang out of order. These incidents can really shake you up, but please take the time to report it to the police.

yenrod

An absolute disgrace of an example of a man.

Forgetting the sex issue; anyone would have been thinking similiar to you - takes a real lot of gall to take stuff off someone far bigger than themselves !

Ive got to give it to you - you really shown true respect rather than this waste of life :biggrin:

In my book you respect a lady - there are many ways to metre out' stress and THIS IS not one of them !

Either way, one day he'll get his comeuppance !

Top Bottom