Pregnancy and twins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I'm sure there will be those on here who can answer what seems a simple question:

What is the very earliest a woman can be sure she is having twins? Be sure as in being told by the midwife or doctor?

Thanks

classic33

Leg End Member
An ultrasound scan is the only way confirm that you're pregnant with twins.

The earliest you're likely to find out between 10 weeks and 13 weeks pl days, when you have your dating sc

Ultrasound is almost foolproof at diagnosing twins.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/a539826/when-will-i-know-if-im-having-twins?PageSpeed=noscript

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Hmm. That was the answer I got from a google search. The woman in question is saying she's 5 weeks only and it's twins. I wondered how she can be so sure and she told me the scan told her.
I wondered if there was perhaps some new proceedure to give an earlier result.

Those in the know would...er? Know.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hmm. That was the answer I got from a google search. The woman in question is saying she's 5 weeks only and it's twins. I wondered how she can be so sure and she told me the scan told her.

Are double congratulations in order? ;)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

Could be an IVF pregnancy with two embryos.
i have no knowledge, just hypothesising

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Been there. Got the shirt. Lost the hair. We had confirmation at six weeks via ultra sound. This is not usual but heavy bleeding meant we had the scan to confirm a miscarriage. This turned out not to be the case and a very healthy twin pregnancy went to within three weeks of full term.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Something you want to confess @colly?

Top Bottom