Premier Inn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Will be off in a while to spend most of my week in a Premier. No bike though.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Travelodge are also good for cyclists. Not sure if they have any official policy as such, but I have never had a problem with taking a clean bike into a room, and I have stayed in quite a few.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Quite amusing that the tips include "what to pack in your ruksack". For all that it is a good thing, and quite clever marketing as premier inns are likely underused on weekends. A win-win as they say

Andrew_P

In between here and there
If you pre book enough in advance they are excellent Value too. £29 a night mostly. The only downside I have come across are a lot of them are used by Road Worker/Builders in the SE travelling from all over the UK. Nothing particularly wrong with that other than the smell of takeaways, mud, and busy bar etc. The main thing they make it hard to catch a bargain Mon-Thurs as they must block book them way in advance.

Always clean tidy and fairly well equipped. Only criticism would be no empty fridge and most of them are really hot. They are everything Travelodge should have been and have left them behind. Even re-modelled Travelodges feel like a blat back to the 90's

Slick

Guru
Will be off in a while to spend most of my week in a Premier. No bike though.
I feel your pain as I can spend the odd week in there and find the menu can get a bit samey after a while.

I started a thread about taking my bike in to the Premier Inn some time ago which even included a couple of pictures, if memory serves. There's a few who make claims then mutter under their breath when you try to make use of their claim but they are genuinely very welcoming to cyclists. Birmingham did offer to store my bike in a locked room behind reception but didn't bat an eye when I insisted on taking it to my room.

Slick

Guru
20170508_003043.jpg

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Travelodge are also good for cyclists. Not sure if they have any official policy as such, but I have never had a problem with taking a clean bike into a room, and I have stayed in quite a few.
They do but don't publicise it as well as Premier Inn.

Beware that "hub by Premier Inn" don't allow bikes. Their central London ones suggest you lock up on the street outside!

Drago

Legendary Member
Fair play to Premier Inn. Apart from the advertising it costs them little or nothing. The only downside is having to share a bed with Lenny Henry.

jay clock

Massive member
[QUOTE 5107552, member: 259"]ln fairness, there's not enough space for a bike (or anything else really!) in them. The beds are still good though, which I do like about Premier Inn.[/QUOTE]
my experience of Premier Inns is huge rooms. Even the Shoreditch one was a decent size

and they are great with bikes

Top Bottom