Premier Inn

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by furball, 7 Jan 2018.

1. furball

furball Veteran

2. Hugh Manatee

Hugh Manatee Veteran

Will be off in a while to spend most of my week in a Premier. No bike though.

3. Brandane

Brandane Fair weather cyclist.

Travelodge are also good for cyclists. Not sure if they have any official policy as such, but I have never had a problem with taking a clean bike into a room, and I have stayed in quite a few.

4. Profpointy

Profpointy Guru

Quite amusing that the tips include "what to pack in your ruksack". For all that it is a good thing, and quite clever marketing as premier inns are likely underused on weekends. A win-win as they say

5. Andrew_P

Andrew_P In between here and there

If you pre book enough in advance they are excellent Value too. £29 a night mostly. The only downside I have come across are a lot of them are used by Road Worker/Builders in the SE travelling from all over the UK. Nothing particularly wrong with that other than the smell of takeaways, mud, and busy bar etc. The main thing they make it hard to catch a bargain Mon-Thurs as they must block book them way in advance.

Always clean tidy and fairly well equipped. Only criticism would be no empty fridge and most of them are really hot. They are everything Travelodge should have been and have left them behind. Even re-modelled Travelodges feel like a blat back to the 90's

smutchin likes this.
  6. Slick

Slick Veteran

I feel your pain as I can spend the odd week in there and find the menu can get a bit samey after a while.

I started a thread about taking my bike in to the Premier Inn some time ago which even included a couple of pictures, if memory serves. There's a few who make claims then mutter under their breath when you try to make use of their claim but they are genuinely very welcoming to cyclists. Birmingham did offer to store my bike in a locked room behind reception but didn't bat an eye when I insisted on taking it to my room.

Hugh Manatee likes this.
  7. Slick

Slick Veteran

8. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

They do but don't publicise it as well as Premier Inn.

Beware that "hub by Premier Inn" don't allow bikes. Their central London ones suggest you lock up on the street outside!

9. Drago

Drago Guru

Fair play to Premier Inn. Apart from the advertising it costs them little or nothing. The only downside is having to share a bed with Lenny Henry.

Dirk, Gravity Aided, robing and 3 others like this.
  10. subaqua

subaqua Guru

It seems Dawn French twigged that too.

Dirk, Gravity Aided, byegad and 3 others like this.
  11. Mort

Mort Guest

ln fairness, there's not enough space for a bike (or anything else really!) in them. The beds are still good though, which I do like about Premier Inn.

12. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

my experience of Premier Inns is huge rooms. Even the Shoreditch one was a decent size

and they are great with bikes

13. Mort

Mort Guest

The hub ones, not the standard ones, tend to be very small, though. The Covent Garden one was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The hubs don't allow bikes at all as far as I know.

jay clock likes this.
  14. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

These budget hotels are almost as good the ones you do bird in in Norway.

6C4C6357-881A-41F4-9445-1420016920B5.jpeg

Gravity Aided, mjr and Drago like this.
  15. I wouldn't knock them. Its a big step forward for cycle touring. If only trains could see the same business sense.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice