Premier Inn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh dear. I have 2 nights next week in a PI booked and paid for.
More questions than answers, though. How many PIs are cleaned by ISS, the firm in the channel4 exposé? Do PI's directly-employed cleaners do similar things? Are the other big chains like travelodge, Accor, IHG and so on doing similar things? Would you really be able to tell if a small hotel owner was abusing their workers unless they were as overt as Basil Fawlty? And why doesn't channel4 repeat Dispatches?

Slick

Guru
Sorry - but that's just poor practice on the part of the cleaning team. There is no excuse for doing that.
I can't argue with that, but if there is an impossible time scale how do they expect the team to hit their target without cutting corners?

I worked in construction for years, and large parts of the pay system is set up to reward the roughest most useless operatives on the site, very few care about real quality really.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Also how many did the Channel 4 team have to go under cover in to find this example? Number one brand in sector gets attacked my "undercover" media.

The practices with time are pretty awful and replicated with their other brands, as do the like of Ladi and Lidl so I have heard paid for 7.5 work for 9 type of thing.

I am booked in one tomorrow, the only problem I have ever had and it was worst in December is them not being able to remove the stink of Lynx/Perfume/Spray deodorant of the previous person despite opening all the windows etc. and a good 6 hours had passed. Every time this has happened they are happy to let me switch rooms, the main complaint they get is this, and smokers or vape left overs in the rooms apparently.

They are very clever because I am not over keen on the Premier "Fragrance" but everything has it. From the detergent to the cleaners used even the deodoriser its quite clever because you are not aware of it when in there but smell your clothes later especially if you have just flung straight on their desk\chair etc.

Top Bottom