Premium bonds v ISA?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Just sold half of ours due to pathetic performance in a fraction over one year.

Leaving the other half for quick cash should we need it.
3 months on the trot now, zero prizes :ohmy:. Without giving too much away, most of my savings are in PB's (but not for much longer), and this time a year or two ago it was very unusual to go even one month prizeless. Most months I was averaging about £50.
I know interest rates are low, but at this rate I would be considerably better off pulling the lot and sticking it in my current account!

potsy

Rambler
3 months on the trot now, zero prizes :ohmy:. Without giving too much away, most of my savings are in PB's (but not for much longer), and this time a year or two ago it was very unusual to go even one month prizeless. Most months I was averaging about £50.
I know interest rates are low, but at this rate I would be considerably better off pulling the lot and sticking it in my current account!
I felt the same after 7 months of getting zilch, then I got £75 twice in a few months.
It is a lottery after all, but with interest rates so low I don't see much point in moving.

Brandane

Legendary Member
With inflation running at about 4%, where exactly can you put savings without losing money? There is no incentive to save money, which is probably the point. Spend spend spend and put money in the treasury's pocket.

Adam4868

Guru
Read this in local paper...nice after Xmas!

Top Bottom