Prep for the commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Now this is why I always like to check my bike the night before.
It's generally easier to mend a p*, sat infront of the telly at 9pm than it is, with limited time, at 6am.
Job done :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I always give the bike a quick once over before I go to bed in case there is a PUNCTURE!. Pain in the arse to find a PUNCTURE! in the morning when one is rushing around getting ready.

I just leave early enough to give me a thirty minute buffer zone. Plus I know my work will be forgiving if I do get a puncture and am slightly late, as long as its not a regular thing!

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
However it doesn't mitigate for the times that overnight your family have become the inmates of a plague house.:sad:
Over the period of 12 hours, the wife and 2 of the 3 boys have started exhibiting flu like symptoms
Meant the extra half hour I'd allowed* was used to put the gear away and see to them.
Oh well, reschedule it for Thursday

*My commute is a no brainer if looking purely at time. 15 miles mainly m'way. 20 mins by car, 50+ hilly minutes by bike.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If I'm late I'm late. Except I can't be late. We don't really do late at our office. It's all a bit post-modern.

Top Bottom