- Location
- Glasgow
We have a mega back up generator, mega as it's the size of a small building.If you do have your own generator, presumably you would have to be able to disconnect your house from the grid. Or maybe have a different circuit. How does it work in hospitals? You'd think hospitals would have a lot of sensitive equipment that needs its power just so.
The hospital I work in is small, I guess larger ones will have several back up generators.
Anyway, back to food shortages: today I friend (she is a chef) gave me a large tub (over a dozen portions) of homemade veg curry.
Food has a way to find me, now I've got 2 freezers and a fridge full of stuff, most of it already cooked.
Plus what's in my cupboards.
I'm however prepping for Christmas baking

which back in Y2K world was the ah its decades away Im sure someone else will fix it all by then test.