Prescription Glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I got my prescription sunglasses from Optilabs. £160 for frames and lenses made to your prescription. You can have any tint, mirror or I have photochromatics which change according to the light levels and go completely clear for riding at night.

Yup met too.
Also if you are buying online, they will send you some frames (with a return label) to try first.

Specsavers i826 with a prescription insert and three interchangeable lens, reasonably comfortable and not bank breaking.

Colnago Master

I use my prescription safety glasses that work paid for. They look like cycling glasses. I can't imagine they cost a lot.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I just choose a second pair of prescription sun glasses in usual specsavers deal and get the light blue tint with a vaguely wrap around frame, seems to work fine.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I have a inserts for an adidas frame that can have different lenses in. Cost me about £200 a few years back.

Exactly the same as me although I remember them costing more than that. Maybe different frames? I also go different coloured lenses as well. Very pleased with them I must say. I use mine for driving as well.

compo

Veteran
Before worrying about cycling glasses I just wish I could find an optician who is capable of prescribing ordinary glasses I can actually see through. Specsavers and Boots seem unable to do it. It seems they fob you off with any old rubbish and tell you you will get used to them.

adamhearn

Veteran
Contact lenses plus a cheap pair of Bolle safety specs for me.
The advantage being that you can take the glasses off when you get to the cafe (so you don't look like a tit wearing sunglasses indoors) and you can still see where you're going.
I went with that exact idea but Specsavers couldn't provide me with single use contacts that were suitable for my prescription. I went back a couple of times, tried a different make and then gave up. Rode a reasonable distance with just the Bolle's on and did OK [I'm not blind without specs].

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Exactly the same as me although I remember them costing more than that. Maybe different frames? I also go different coloured lenses as well. Very pleased with them I must say. I use mine for driving as well.
Maybe it was more, this was 4-5 years ago i got them done.

Optilabs for me went there to try frames very helpful they were a birthday pressie from the girlfriend and my kids very good service the glasses arrived just under a week after visiting their Croydon Store.

Tom B

Guru
I just got some £20 frames of a suitable shape and put tinted lenes in for a bot a further £20 from speckfoureyes.com

I havnt paid more than forty quid for glasses for the last eight years.

They will also reglaze for peanuts.

Hinthinyhint get an anti reflection coating, it's hydrophobic and makes water/ mistake bead off better.

Top Bottom