Prescription Glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

And

Fun sponge
Just picked up some of these:http://www.specsavers.co.uk/glasses/puma-sun-rx-05?sku=25672329
Insert was glazed to my (single vision) prescription, three lenses (iridium, orange, clear) and in the Chesterfield brach they are currently doing a 2 for 1 deal so I got a second pair all for the grand total of £99. Ridiculously good value.

Colnago Master

I have some cycling glasses with the prescription insert. They fog up as soon as it rains.
I have to wear safety glasses for work and my employer paid for

UVEX Safety - RX sp 5508 safety glasses.
Seen them for £54 plus prescription lens.
They are exactly the same as cycling glasses. These are what I would buy.

timtak

Contacts are one way to go, but not of me. On the other hand I have the same problem as @Smokin Joe
I find normal specs a pain to ride in, my riding position means the top of the frame is right in my eyeline.
So after a lot of trial and error I came up with dorky looking but effective glasses similar to billiards glasses with prescription lenses that extend up above my brow. I find that the cheapest way to make them is to purchase some lens blanks from China (I can get them at 13USD a pair) and bolt them to the front of cheap PC glasses, cheap sunglasses, or other, ideally frame-less sunglasses. The bolts and the line at the top of the cheap-non-prescription lens do not annoy me too much, but I wish that Oakley would make some cycling glasses with the frames at the bottom of the lens, and the possibility to add *tall* (mine are c. 2" or 5.5cm tall) prescription inserts. I seem to be on a crusade to make someone commercialize this style. It would cease to look so dorky if they were worn in the pro peloton.

craig kennedy

I am a geek
I got these recently for £25. Its standard cycling sunglasses with very small lenzed glasses that sit inside the main ones, they are actually better than I thought they would be. my eyes feel uncomfortable without lenzes and these have turned out to be both cheap and perfect.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sparta-Pr...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item28042e522d

I would highly recommend if you are on a budget, as I was, and they work a treat.

Top Bottom