Prescription lenses into cycling glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mickthemove

Über Member
Hi, has anyone got any recommended firms that will put lenses into my riding glasses, I need reading lenses put in and am getting quoted about 75-100 in local opticians but tinterweb is between 35 and 65 but I am a bit dubious about sending them off into the unknown.

Any recommendations gratefully received thanks

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Try to find a local independant set up, with their own workshop. I had my sunglasses inserts glazed with varifocals for not very much - can't remember exact figure, but less than 50 (inc cost of lenses). Admittedly done at the same time as i was changing prescription in my everyday specs, but I thought a good deal.

sidevalve

Über Member
If you have no luck try the classic motorcycle press. This is a common mod on the old bike type goggles and cycle specs probably wouldn't be much different.

vickster

Legendary Member
You could try Optilabs who some on here have used but if you don't want to send your specs off, you'll just need to shop around locally

Do you need reading lenses in cycling specs? Just carry a Poundland cheapie pair with you for reading the menu at the cake stop? :hungry:

OP
OP
Mickthemove

Mickthemove

Über Member
You could try Optilabs who some on here have used but if you don't want to send your specs off, you'll just need to shop around locally

Do you need reading lenses in cycling specs? Just carry a Poundland cheapie pair with you for reading the menu at the cake stop? :hungry:

:reading: have desperate trouble seeing my bloomin GPS and keep getting us lost! i get that much grief of the others i thought i had better sort it! :eek:

I dont mind sending them off, just needed a recommendation if somebody had experience! I look like Ronnie Barker throwing my readers on when i get lost

400bhp

Guru
:reading: have desperate trouble seeing my bloomin GPS and keep getting us lost! i get that much grief of the others i thought i had better sort it! :eek:

I dont mind sending them off, just needed a recommendation if somebody had experience! I look like Ronnie Barker throwing my readers on when i get lost

I used Specs4less. Really pleased with their service and the glasses. Sent me some frames to try first. Bought a pair 18 months ago and never looked back so to speak.

I initially tried Optilabs but I was really disappointed with their attitude (in a nutshell they were apparently doing me a favour by sending me a set of frames out to try before I purchased the full glasses:rolleyes:). I do know others have had good service from them though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I used Specs4less. Really pleased with their service and the glasses. Sent me some frames to try first. Bought a pair 18 months ago and never looked back so to speak.

I initially tried Optilabs but I was really disappointed with their attitude (in a nutshell they were apparently doing me a favour by sending me a set of frames out to try before I purchased the full glasses:rolleyes:). I do know others have had good service from them though.

They sent me 3 frames of my choosing to try no quibble.
I also recently asked them if they sell the arm grips as mine had perished. I received a pair next day in the post free of charge.

Nick Stone

There's a place on industrial estate in Altrincham that did it for me, dropped frame and prescription off, told me be a few days, rang me later in day said ready, good service and I know had single vision basic lenses was £25 I think. I'll just try find name as can't remember, they're open Saturday mornings as well

Nick Stone

Omega glasses

Eye wear · Outlet shop
Unit G1, Tudor Road, Altrincham Business Park, wa145rz Altrincham0161 926 8884
pi5hnNplu4Z.png
Closed until tomorrow 09:30 - 17:00About

Top Bottom