Pressing 'send' and regretting it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
My sister was buying a house. The estate agent selling the house accidently cc'd my sister when writing to the seller of the property to advise that they might have to drop the price by several thousand.
Similar here. This was verified officially so I know its genuine.
We put in an offer for a house (which was owned by Bovis) via the estate agent.....as did another couple.
The Bovis director instructed his secretary to decline ours and accept the other bid. Secretary got it mixed and ours was accepted. That was 1982 and we still happily live in it

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Forwarding and re-forwarding chains of increasing length is dangerous in extreme.

In another job and another century I got one to do with bills for recruitment to a senior public appointment. Reading the chain to the end it became apparent the person appointed was not first choice; that person declined appointment.

GM

Legendary Member
Just remembered this one a text not an email. About a week ago Mrs GM gets a text message from her friend who happens to be Jewish, saying that she was going to Kew Gardens for the day. Wifey replies, have a nice day and enjoy Kew. After she pressed send reading through her message again she saw that the predictive text had changed the K to a J. Luckily her friend has a brilliant sense of humour.

Top Bottom