Presta connector for a compressor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
Being a bit of a "gadget man" I've bought a battery powered tyre inflator (essentially a hand-held piston compressor about the size of an electric drill) that pumps up to 150psi so ample for bikes (it has a selectable pressure setting)

It comes with a short hose with a Schraeder head (car valve type) + a small brass ferrule that you add to convert to Presta - that works fine BUT is a bit of a pain to have to thread the ferrule onto the Presta valve.

What I'm looking for is an adaptor that simply pushes onto the Presta valve, hold it there and squirt the air in (a bit like the Park Tool workshop inflator that connects to a compressor)

The nearest thing I can find is the Topeak Pressure Rite Presta convertor - but even that appears to need to be screwed to the valve.

So - any ideas suggestions please?

Rob

Smudge

Veteran
The only way i can think of, is to cut the hose near the head, and buy a dual valve track pump head to fit on there.
Its something i've considered doing with an old brass foot pump i have.

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
The only way i can think of, is to cut the hose near the head, and buy a dual valve track pump head to fit on there.
Its something i've considered doing with an old brass foot pump i have.
That's a possibility but the hose on the compressor is already pretty short - this is the gadget

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L7X74VD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- I reckon you'd need a Jubilee clip to hold the hose rather than just the usual plastic compression ring on must track pump chucks.

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Replace the entire hoser from the pump end with a something akin to...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lezyne-T...546109?hash=item2cf7e5137d:g:DBcAAOSw-EhdlRpm

.... then you can have a longer hose, and a dual valve head. A petrol hose clip will be enough to handle the pressure and hold the hose to the spigot.

(other hose head combosd are available, but I like lezyne gear)

I really don't want a longer hose or dual head - just Presta that pushes on - I've ordered the Topeak connector to see if it works.

Rob

Top Bottom