Presta Valve 'thread'......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I'm perplexed.

Recently bought a Forme Monyash with Presta Valves; and then decided to purchase some Carlos Fandango valve caps to replace the finest Chinese quality; original black plastic items.....

New items arrived - and literally went on half a turn before it was clear the thread / screwing on action didn't feel right. So i tried them on my wife's bike and they fitted just purdy ! ?

So although the valve is clearly a Presta type. The thread rate appears to be something other than 'normal' / that i've ever encountered.

Un-moved if new caps get used or binned. But curious if anyone has come across different thread rates on Presta Valves before :wacko:

Sharky

Guru
No.
Have you tried your old caps on your wife's bike or your wife's caps on your bike? Also try on any old or new spare inners you have lying around.

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
No.
Have you tried your old caps on your wife's bike or your wife's caps on your bike? Also try on any old or new spare inners you have lying around.

Neither of those no.

I tried the original new set - and another set I had: on mine (Both didn’t fit).

And the original set I bought - on the wife’s (Which did fit).

If there isn’t different thread rates; I’ll spend some more time trying more combos and see if I can work out if the issue lies caps or the valves.

Ta

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Oh dear, sorry. Can I suggest some quacks that will make your bike just ducky.

Attachments

• IMG_20221117_090226.jpg
    IMG_20221117_090226.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom