England : Lancashire Preston Cycling Clubs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjcafferkey

Regular
Hi guys.

I'm looking to join a cycling club in the Preston region.

Can anyone give me any details as I'm keen to join one.

Tom.

pally83

Über Member
Ribble Valley CRC and Preston Wheelers are 2 I considered before moving house got in the way. If you're a bit further south then there's Chorley Cycling Club. Garstang CC to the north. There are a couple of others dotted around the area.

Hope that's of some use.

Thre is also a track league at the uni sports venue by all accounts, I think it might be on a Thursday night but unsure if it runs through winter. Check it out, you may find that q few clubs are represented.

I only know due to riding out with a fella who coaches there.

Good luck

Christopher

Über Member
hi
I am in Red Rose Olympic - a small friendly club. We are very strong on youth training and cyclo-cross (I joined for the 'cross support) but very weak on road racing. Ribble Valley are also good on youth riding, good if you have kids who want to race or ride. I think Kiwi-Sal (lives just outside Preston) is in a local club but I do not know which one.

Tango

Hi TJ, would like to know how you get on in your search.

not sure what sort of riding you do but I am looking for a club/group to pedal out with, but I'm not a racing whippet so don't want to hold anyone up.

40 - 60 mile trips out would be great

OP
OP
tjcafferkey

tjcafferkey

Regular
Hi Tango, not had chance to chase this up.

Where abouts in Preston you from as I think we're both looking for the same thing really.

Tango

Just east of Kirkham, me and MrsT try to get out a couple of times a week, we did 23 miles Sunday, I did 16 last night. I hope to get out Thursday and maybe do Kott End for. Fry up on Sunday :smile:

We don't normally do big miles, but we have got Norwich 100 in June and Manchester Blackpool in July , so need to start upping the mileage

OP
OP
tjcafferkey

tjcafferkey

Regular
I live just past penworthan but my mrs lives in Freck just round the corner to you. I really want to join a club but not found anything really suitable as of yet. Let me know if you do.

Top Bottom