England : Lancashire Preston Cycling Clubs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tango

Not really, just don't want o join a club that is full of 'racers' just abit conscious about keeping up.

I just want to get out and ride, my average is about 14 mph I think

To be fair, I have only just thought about looking for a group.

Did 18 miles tonight but it was chilly :smile:

OP
OP
tjcafferkey

tjcafferkey

Regular
Making me feel bad because I didn't go out last night. I've enquired about Freck and going to go out with them sometime after the weekend, thanks for letting me know about them!

Hey Guys,

I was in Ribble Valley Cycle Club the past 2 years but I havent rejoined this year. Membership starts from April for the new year with RVC. I became a bit disillusioned with the whole club tbh.

So I tend to ride out on my own or go out with people I've met on the forum. Globalti is in a village outside Blackburn and I've ridden with him and his son a few times and a few others in Lancs. I also catchup with friends I've met off the forum in Rutland who occasionally come up this way or I go down to visit them. That works well too.

If you want to go out for a ride pm me and we'll sort something out. I live between Blackburn and Preston, tho last Sunday I was out cycling in Longton, Penwortham, Hutton and back into main town etc.. On a week day I try to get out for about 1-1.5hours. On a weekend 2-4 hours. Depending on how fit I feel! :smile:

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Let us know how you get on Tango..I'm just down the road from you and have also thought about Frec but was worried about how far/fast their runs might be.

Tango

From conversation I had with one of the freck chain gang members last night, they seem a very much "everyone welcome" type of club and always ride at the pace of the slowest rider

They seem to be as much social as cycling

Hi Sal, you might want to look at freck chain gang, they sound like good guys

:smile:

Yeah, I might just do that. Thanks! Week commence 22nd April might see if I can pop down & try a ride out. My diary is a bit full till ten. Will email them first tho.

Christopher

Über Member
hi guys
I am also a bit disillusioned with my lot, especially as the last two club runs I did became devil-take-the-hindmost, so I have gone back to riding alone for the moment. I do know the lanes around Preston quite well - a start might be to meet in town and do a flat ride out to Bonds ice-cream cafe at Elswick which is 10-13 miles each way, depending on the route. If anyone is interested PM me and we'll get something sorted. I have been toying with the idea of doing a forum ride for some time but am a bit daunted by the amount of effort it seems to require - I did ride the guild wheel last weekend but thought it was not great apart from the riverside sections - lanes out and about are much better.
I also ride in the evenings sometimes. Live in the middle of Preston and work in Walton Summit & often ride out into the lanes after work. Can be good sometimes...

Globalti

Legendary Member
I did organise a forum ride for Preston and Blackburn members a few months ago but only Kiwi Sal turned up from the area despite weeks of prior notice!

I'm tempted to suggest we all get together one sunny weekend for a gentle 30 miler? I'm just north of Chorley and south of Preston so not too far from anyone who's posted. Ride out over Parbold to Burscough, cafe stop in Rufford maybe? it will not be fast given my performance yesterday:blush: so there'd be no waiting for anyone except perhaps me!

Top Bottom