Pretty bike rack bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a bike rack back for my daughters' bike as her bike isn't able to have a bottle cage, plus she would like to be able to pack "snacks".
The rear rack on her bike is fitted as part of the bike so I don't really want to change it. The bike is one of these:-

https://www.raleigh.co.uk/pioneer-trail-low-step-frame-17719

She saw a bag she really liked :-

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roswheel-Bicycle-Multifunction-Bicicleta-Shoulder-Blue/dp/B06XTHM27Y/ref=sr_1_22?dchild=1&keywords=bike+rack+bag+blue&qid=1589213668&sr=8-22

The problem is that this one appears to be fake (the same bag turns up in searches with 3 different labels on the side), and all of the sites I have found selling it seem to be dodgy chinese mass marketing sites.

All of the bags I have found on reputable sites tend to be serviceable black.

So - any recommendations for a rack bag which is likely to be appealing to the Dort?

vickster

Legendary Member

Last edited:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
That's a legitimate bag. I have one in grey.

Bought it about 10 years ago and used for commuting. Taken lots of abuse and still going.

As with lots of Chinese products, it's marketed under many different names.

Loads on eBay and cheaper. Search for 'bicycle rack bag'

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200511-183906.png
    Screenshot_20200511-183906.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20200511-183843.png
    Screenshot_20200511-183843.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 3

tom73

Guru
That's a legitimate bag. I have one in grey.

Bought it about 10 years ago and used for commuting. Taken lots of abuse and still going.

As with lots of Chinese products, it's marketed under many different names.

Loads on eBay and cheaper. Search for 'bicycle rack bag'

Yep Ms 73 has the very one in blue

Juliansou

Hi - just stumbled across this so I don’t know if this is still relevant?
could I make a suggestion.......
I had one of these small rack bags & didn’t particularly get on too well with it - essentially too small to be useful. I’ve got a rucksack specifically designed to hang on a rear rack. When not in the bike you zip it up and you have a nice looking (in my opinion) rucksack to take with you.
pics attached

Attachments

• 24B79FFC-E7D2-4FED-BDD2-FC683416B385.jpeg
    24B79FFC-E7D2-4FED-BDD2-FC683416B385.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 5
  • B4079CD5-A815-4E82-B38D-DEBBF3F6A0C7.jpeg
    B4079CD5-A815-4E82-B38D-DEBBF3F6A0C7.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 5
  • E3B26B12-8A30-44E6-94EF-3755F23EEF0B.jpeg
    E3B26B12-8A30-44E6-94EF-3755F23EEF0B.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 6

Juliansou

Yep - I think my original bag was the same - about £17 from amazon/eBay I seem to remember - pretty rubbish. I can recommend the rucksack - not cheap (about £70) but good quality and a nice piece of kit. I’ve had mine for 6 months or so and with pretty regular use it’s holding up well - Tourbon from Amazon, they make some nice classic/retro type stuff.

Lovacott

Über Member
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a bike rack back for my daughters' bike as her bike isn't able to have a bottle cage, plus she would like to be able to pack "snacks".
The rear rack on her bike is fitted as part of the bike so I don't really want to change it. The bike is one of these:-

When I started commuting, I went for a backpack but it made my back sweat like mad. So I bought a rack and a pannier bag. I didn't get on with the bags so I popped into B&Q and bought a plastic storage box (they have loads of different combinations of size and shape).

It has a clip on lid and measures 38cm long, 28cm wide and 20cm high.

To fix it to the rack, I used an old kitchen knife which I heated up on the cooker to make small slots in the bottom of the box (one either side of a rail on the rack, repeated half a dozen times across the base of the box).

I then fed cable ties through the slots to secure the box.

I roughed up the inside of the box with some fine sandpaper and then spray painted the inside with some left over paint I had in the shed (British Racing Green).

I then fixed two cable ties to the back of the box forming a large loop and a smaller loop below to hold my water bottle (I've since bought a cage though so that I can take water while I am actually riding).

It looks a bit naff, but it keeps my stuff bone dry on my commute.

The box cost a fiver and the cable ties were two quid.

Top Bottom