Pretty bikes without all the bad font and branding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Interesting that for many 'pretty' seems to equal 'retro'. Lots of coloured bands on thin frame tubes. Isn't it just nostalgia?

Not for me, I wasn't into bikes when they were the norm lol - I just like how they look!

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

This font gets a ten out of ten from me.

1enqsg.jpg

Not everybodies taste I am sure, but that is one of many things that makes us all different, not wrong just different.
Some people are wrong.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Want, want, want, Neeeed a Swallow bike now, thanks to you @Fab Foodie.

Will have to remain a long term dream though.

Nice link.
You're welcome. At the Bespoke show there were all manner of bicycle loveliness, but this one just stood-out as being that little bit more equisite! Love the sterling silver head-badge. If I could have afforded the extra to go for one I'd have been sorely tempted ... my 853 Rourke build is going to be steep enough!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
You're welcome. At the Bespoke show there were all manner of bicycle loveliness, but this one just stood-out as being that little bit more equisite! Love the sterling silver head-badge. If I could have afforded the extra to go for one I'd have been sorely tempted ... my 853 Rourke build is going to be steep enough!
I also liked the pic that sazzaa posted of the Rourke deep blue 'n' yellow decal font so will give them a google a little while later.

So many real Artisans around now that I believe we might be in a new 'Golden Age' of cycle building.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I also liked the pic that sazzaa posted of the Rourke deep blue 'n' yellow decal font so will give them a google a little while later.

So many real Artisans around now that I believe we might be in a new 'Golden Age' of cycle building.
I think you're right. 2 things have helped, first the rapid rise of cycling again in the UK over the past 5 years has grown the potential market significantly for the bespoke builder, but I think more telling is that the early adopters have become a bit jaded with the standard $bigbikeco$ offerings (however good) and are now more experienced to know what they want from cycling and the kit they really need rather than fall for the latest trends.
The other thing is that the bespoke boys can offer newer/novel ideas of keep up with the latest thinking much quicker than $bigbikeco$ too.

My 'trend' thoughts are:
Steel is definitely making a big comeback ... from the artisan to $biggerbikecos$
Disc brakes will soon be de-rigeur for all bikes and road-specific versions (smaller rear disc for example) will develop.
Chainstays will get longer (people will tire of twitchy bikes)
Frame angles will become more relaxed (more people will want to go long distances rather than pure speed)
Tyres are (and will continue) to get fatter on average
23mm rims
Almost all bikes except pure race and TT versions will have mudguards
Rise in 1 x 11 speed bikes using wide range MTB rear cassettes and small single chainring.

Maybe it's cause for a new thread!

Top Bottom