Pretty bikes without all the bad font and branding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Named two in my first post!
[Goes off muttering...''I'll have to do it myself'']
equilibrium-20_3.jpg

titanium_adx.png

If you like the Genesis, aren't there any Condor bikes you like? Condor put out some very stylish bikes. Pinnacle too.

KneesUp

Guru
It does seem to be all about the intended market. I'll use Fuji as an example not because they are particularly bad, but because I've looked at their website recently.

Here we have a comparison of their current Tourer (generally bought by slightly older cyclists that want a bike to do a job and aren't that bothered about showing off) and their top road bike.

comparison.png

Charge do some different colours, and I think they look nice.

Plug3.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It does seem to be all about the intended market. I'll use Fuji as an example not because they are particularly bad, but because I've looked at their website recently.

Here we have a comparison of their current Tourer (generally bought by slightly older cyclists that want a bike to do a job and aren't that bothered about showing off) and their top road bike.

View attachment 44285

Charge do some different colours, and I think they look nice.

Plug3.jpg
That bottom one looks nice, steel or Ti

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Same tubing as my Ridgeback Hybrid/Uprated to flat bar tourer spec bike.

KneesUp

Guru
My Specialized Tarmac is pretty. :wub:
and yes I am bias

standalone

But why would anyone else want to know who made the wheels, the tyres, the frame, the cranks, the pedals or the seatpost, to name just the things that spring out as being branded? And more importantly, when you've spent money on getting a light bike, why would you want to carry around all the weight of the extra paint and stickers just to advertise stuff for free?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
If they offend you, you could always take the decals off. I have done this with many of my deeper dish Zipps as the decal Is huge but the decal on those wheels break up what would look like a thick black rubber band IMHO.
Each to their own though.

Top Bottom