Pretty decent road bike for < £400?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
...It served me well for the London to Brighton BHF ride last weekend but unfortunately the handlebars dropped on the pivot point on Tuesday night and now it's pretty dangerous to ride.
I'm not quite sure what has happened but it sounds easily repairable, if you like the bike.

OP
OP
N

nathanlloyd

Regular
I'm not quite sure what has happened but it sounds easily repairable, if you like the bike.
To be honest it's not a brilliant bike anyway. I'd like a new one and was actively looking before it broke anyway. :smile:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
So an extra £70 for the Shimano SORA. Worth it?
Absolutely worth the extra, much better & you would probably recoup most of that when you eventually sell to ugrade & make it eminently more saleable.

Go Sora, do yourself a favour.

Edit.

Just looked at spec sheets.

Sora 9 speed & triple with Shimano quality, Microshift 8 speed - quality ??

A no brainer really.

Last edited:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
At that price point I don't think anything can beat the Tribans:thumbsup:
Just had a quick look myself & its not a bad spec & looks pretty good too. Think you'd be hard pushed to find a better new bike at that price. Glad there isn't a decathlon store near me :smile: dont think it would be healthy for my bank balance

OP
OP
N

nathanlloyd

Regular
OK, so I went to Decathlon in Warrington on Saturday and decided upon the Triban 500 (Not the SE)
Really liked the look and feel of it, nice gears, a good price and double points this weekend only!

One thing that I feel is missing are mudguards. From what I've read they are pretty difficult to attach, do any Triban 500 owners have any suggestions?

vickster

Legendary Member
Good choice. You could try looking through here assuming the frame is comparable to the previous t3

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/triban-3-owners-club.121260/

Crud road racers fit most road bikes, but IMO they do rather live up to their name!

Top Bottom