Price of beer at Wembley cup final.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
A relative and his grandson went to the final. Went to the bar, ordered 2 pints and paid by card. In the general queueing he didn't check the price.
TWENTY QUID PER PINT !!!.
I double checked I had understood him correctly.....yes 20 per pint.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I was so surprised by this I Googled it. Prices appear to be £6-7 for a pint of Budweiser and £4-5 for a beer. Other prices look to be what I'd expect.

Either he's been ripped off or mistaken. Utd fan?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I was so surprised by this I Googled it. Prices appear to be £6-7 for a pint of Budweiser and £4-5 for a beer. Other prices look to be what I'd expect.

Either he's been ripped off or mistaken. Utd fan?

I did exactly the same.
Ripped off maybe. He did go back and argue but that was it.

One thing.....he was in the Utd fans enclave OUTSIDE the actual ground.....maybe they had their own price structure ??

T4tomo

Legendary Member
A relative and his grandson went to the final. Went to the bar, ordered 2 pints and paid by card. In the general queueing he didn't check the price.
TWENTY QUID PER PINT !!!.
I double checked I had understood him correctly.....yes 20 per pint.

that's not the price, that's a mistake with the till / card terminal

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
They do like to look after you Hospitality-wise; at these sort of events don't they....... :whistle:

£12 for what was described as a Hot-Dog at World Super-Bikes anyone ? ** And by 10am on the first day of a 3-day weekend they've already run out of butter and onions.

Stunning !!!! :cursing:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I did exactly the same.
Ripped off maybe. He did go back and argue but that was it.

One thing.....he was in the Utd fans enclave OUTSIDE the actual ground.....maybe they had their own price structure ??

So to clarify the £20 a pint wasn't in the ground / Wembley?

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
So to clarify the £20 a pint wasn't in the ground / Wembley?

As I understand it both Newcastle and ManU had supporters enclaves adjacent to the ground......so I would say no, not in the ground.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is why I sneak my own alcohol and food into football grounds!:secret: Not that I visit many if any these days, apart from Accrington Stanley where it's now a whopping £3.50 a pint and 3 quid for spud pie and mushy peas and an extra 50p if you want gravy with it!!:ohmy:

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
This is why I sneak my own alcohol and food into football grounds!:secret: Not that I visit many if any these days, apart from Accrington Stanley where it's now a whopping £3.50 a pint and 3 quid for spud pie and mushy peas and an extra 50p if you want gravy with it!!:ohmy:

That ain't bad compared to what some charge. You can double that in some grounds.

Venod

Eh up
I don't know if there a scam that the bar staff can benefit from, but I was overcharged by £5 for four drinks on Saturday, I paid by touch, but I used my phone, so it was instantly visible, I did get an instant refund, but it makes you wonder if these are genuine mistakes.

stephec

Legendary Member
He must have had quite a few already if the conversation went like this -

Two pints please?

That's £40 please?

Thanks very much, here you go.

😂🍻

Top Bottom