Price of beer at Wembley cup final.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I did exactly the same.
Ripped off maybe. He did go back and argue but that was it.

If he paid by Visa then he can get his money back by using Chargeback.

"... when you pay with Visa, you could dispute the payment. This is often referred to as a Chargeback. In some cases, the dispute is simply because the seller charged the wrong amount ..."

Other debit and cards have similar schemes.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

"... when you pay with Visa, you could dispute the payment. This is often referred to as a Chargeback. In some cases, the dispute is simply because the seller charged the wrong amount ..."

yeah try that with "i got overcharged for a couple of beers" with no evidence whatsover :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chris S

Legendary Member

yeah try that with "i got overcharged for a couple of beers" with no evidence whatsover :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They can check the prices online.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
They can check the prices online.

Pray tell, how do they check what he received if they rang it up as 6 pints?

If you thing you can do a chargeback on a bar transaction with no till receipt etc then you are a bigger fool than you appear.

Chris S

Legendary Member

If you thing you can do a chargeback on a bar transaction with no till receipt etc then you are a bigger fool than you appear.

Are there any combinations of items that add up to exactly £40? If there aren't then he's got a good case for a refund.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is why I won't pay by card in pubs, on the rare occasion I visit one. If they insist on card only I'll either walk out or insist on a receipt, so I can check and question it if necessary there and then. How many popped up customers get a 0 added on their, for example £10.00 card swipe transaction?! Not only pubs, but I ask for a receipt for all card transactions.

Last edited:

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)

I did that recently, or rather I threatened the pub that I would initiate a chargeback, and they stumped up.

Venod

Eh up
This is why I won't pay by card in pubs, on the rare occasion I visit one. If they insist on card only I'll either walk out or insist on a receipt, so I can check and question it if necessary there and then. How many popped up customers get a 0 added on their, for example £10.00 card swipe transaction?! Not only pubs, but I ask for a receipt for all card transactions.
If you set up payment on your phone you have an instant receipt and can see all your transactions.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member

If set up payment on your phone you have an instant receipt and can see all your transactions.
And the payment terminal should have a screen that clearly displays the amount to be paid so you can check before paying.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Which you usually have to ask to look at, which some bar staff will take as mistrust.

All the terminals I've seen are similar to these with the card's chip reader being just above the screen - why would you have to ask to look at it?
checkout-terminal-800x450.jpg

Top Bottom