Price of beer at Wembley cup final.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
And yet you'd insist on a receipt to check there and then without them???
I'd take them out of my pocket. Then put them on to look at the receipt.

Contactless is much better than cash. No more losing loose change as soon as you've broken into that tenner/fiver etc.
You only spend what you need to spend.

richardfm

Veteran
Contactless is much better than cash. No more losing loose change as soon as you've broken into that tenner/fiver etc.
You only spend what you need to spend.

Until you buy beer at Wembley

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On the subject of not trusting bar staff when making card payments, today I paid for £20 of petrol with my bank card. I placed the card over the scanner thingy. The one taking the payment said it hadn't worked as he screwed the paper up that would've been my receipt. He then asked me to put my card in and type on my 4 digits. As I did this I thought how do I know I haven't paid twice? 🤔 It's ok him doing the screwing the paper up bit, but what if I've been conned! I didn't get to see the scanner's screen at all. I've kept the receipt for the typed in digits payment. I'm hoping and thinking I haven't been ripped off and if I have I'll question why would I make two payments for petrol in less than a minute of each other. I'll give it till the end of the week when any if any dodgy transaction will have been taken out my account and get a mini statement to check. I'm suspicious because I've paid many times with the same card at that petrol station. My card has always been accepted before, so why not today? 🤔

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
On the subject of not trusting bar staff when making card payments, today I paid for £20 of petrol with my bank card. I placed the card over the scanner thingy. The one taking the payment said it hadn't worked as he screwed the paper up that would've been my receipt. He then asked me to put my card in and type on my 4 digits. As I did this I thought how do I know I haven't paid twice? 🤔 It's ok him doing the screwing the paper up bit, but what if I've been conned! I didn't get to see the scanner's screen at all. I've kept the receipt for the typed in digits payment. I'm hoping and thinking I haven't been ripped off and if I have I'll question why would I make two payments for petrol in less than a minute of each other. I'll give it till the end of the week when any if any dodgy transaction will have been taken out my account and get a mini statement to check. I'm suspicious because I've paid many times with the same card at that petrol station. My card has always been accepted before, so why not today? 🤔

Every so often the bank will instruct the card reader to put in the Pin, with or without the card going in. About every 10 times for my natwest card. Meant to be for security.

T4tomo

Guru
Lose some loose change:- Oh! Tish!
Lose a debit card:- Oh! *#**#** *#** **##*** ***##***!

If I'm "out out", then I will use a prepay card like a monzo or revolut, then if you lose it, you simply turn it off on your app, plus your phone buzzes everytime it gets used so you would soon realise.

Top Bottom