Primark - clothes size, cut & consistency...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
TBH I rarely buy clothes in Primark, if only because I find it one of the most frustrating places to shop. Went in there last week to escape from the rain (and to check out some things I'd spotted in a display) and left the shop a frazzled, frustrated wreck. :cry:

1) Vanity sizing. Why, when I know I am a size 8 up top with places like M&S, Gap and even cheaper brands like Matalan, Peacocks and stuff from Sports Direct must I buy a size 12 or 14 in Primark? :angry:

2) The clothes are cut for stick insects with ridiculously long torsos and short little legs. Onesies for instance. Get one to fit my hips and I look like a baboon wearing a circus tent. Get one to fit my leg length and I can't get my arms or legs in properly. And the crotch invariably hangs around my knees. Peacocks can get it right, why can't Primark? :headshake:

3) How is it possible to take four t-shirts in the *same* size off the *same* rail and have every single shirt fit totally differently? :wacko:

4) I do like my clothes so survive more than one trip through the washing machine.

Right, rant over. :heat: Having said that, I really do like their fleece throws - unlike their other stuff, they're good bang-for-buck.

Julia9054

Guru
All of these points can be answered with "because a t shirt costs £2"

Venod

Eh up
I do like my clothes so survive more than one trip through the washing machine.

We were on holiday in Lanzarote and got talking to the couple in the next apartment, they had bought a load of new clothes from Primark just for the holiday and had no intention of taking them home, they were just leaving everything for the maid.

Sharky

Guru
Apart from their products, primark is the only shop I've noticed that has an express lane for disabled people at the cashouts. Very helpful when our autistic daughter is with us.

screenman

Legendary Member
I never have a problem with their sizing, not that I buy much in there so not an expert on the subject. Not sure why I always aim for the sale rail when going in them, must mean I am a proper cyclist I suppose.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
It's not just Primark.
Sizings vary wildly at numerous outlets.
Surely it can't be beyond our ability to standardise sizing across the board.
With regards to Primark T shirts, I take a medium in the normal fit and large in the skinny fit. You would have thought it would be the same in both styles.

Lozz360

Veteran
1) Vanity sizing. Why, when I know I am a size 8 up top with places like M&S, Gap and even cheaper brands like Matalan, Peacocks and stuff from Sports Direct must I buy a size 12 or 14 in Primark? :angry:
Primark clearly use US sizes. A US size 12 is indeed UK size 8.

Levo-Lon

Guru
We were on holiday in Lanzarote and got talking to the couple in the next apartment, they had bought a load of new clothes from Primark just for the holiday and had no intention of taking them home, they were just leaving everything for the maid.

In a nutshell, once you wash their shyte clothes its no good .
Shrinks and loses shape

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have Primark jeans. The size 12s fit nicely and in all the right places. The 10s are great in the summer when I am not so enormously fat. I also have a pair of men’s jeans from jack wills, got last week and they were ‘shop soiled’ and dead cheap. Waist is wrong but they are comfy. 32, 32s. Much better quality of garment all round

vickster

Legendary Member
I have Primark jeans. The size 12s fit nicely and in all the right places. The 10s are great in the summer when I am not so enormously fat. I also have a pair of men’s jeans from jack wills, got last week and they were ‘shop soiled’ and dead cheap. Waist is wrong but they are comfy. 32, 32s. Much better quality of garment all round
You think a size 12 is fat. Better go shoot myself now :shy:

Primark clothes are crap in my experience

Top Bottom