Primark - clothes size, cut & consistency...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
I have Primark jeans. The size 12s fit nicely and in all the right places. The 10s are great in the summer when I am not so enormously fat. I also have a pair of men’s jeans from jack wills, got last week and they were ‘shop soiled’ and dead cheap. Waist is wrong but they are comfy. 32, 32s. Much better quality of garment all round

I dig M&S and Gap for jeans - the former for everyday wear and the latter for a smarter look. The M&S jeans are nice and hard wearing, which is more than can be said for the cheaper ones - or some that are significantly more expensive. The Gap cropped jeans are just the right leg length for me.

Lozz360

Veteran
I don’t think so, unless Asda, M&S, Tesco and TK Max use American sizing.
My size 12 wrangler jeans still fit and they are nearly as old asAmerica :ohmy:
Further investigation on the ‘net shows that Primark sizing is totally inconsistent. So I was wrong to suggest they use US sizing. I promise to do more research before the next time I comment on sizing policies of multi-national clothing retailers.

Julia9054

Guru
I don't find the sizes in Primark radically different from other shops. Quality is questionable though - you get what you pay for.
My favourite Primark garment is a double breasted slightly military style jacket that I got for £12 about 4 years ago. I replaced the buttons with expensive ones (buttons cost more than the jacket) and everyone thinks I got it in some designer shop.

Sandra6

Veteran
If M&S size 8 is equivalent of Primark size 12, isn't it M&S that is doing "vanity sizing" and not Primark?

I was just going to say that, you beat me to it.
If you are a size 16 and can fit into a size 12 - that's vanity sizing.
Perhaps you have been a victim of this and are not really a size 8 afterall?
I am a size 14/16, some 14's, like M&S are quite roomy, others like primark are a bit tight.

Julia9054

Guru
I was just going to say that, you beat me to it.
If you are a size 16 and can fit into a size 12 - that's vanity sizing.
Perhaps you have been a victim of this and are not really a size 8 afterall?
I am a size 14/16, some 14's, like M&S are quite roomy, others like primark are a bit tight.
I am exactly the same weight as I was 25 years ago. Then, I wore a size 12. Now most of my clothes are a size 8 or 10. Just been shopping for a pair of smart black trousers. Got a lovely pair from Mango . . . in a UK size 6!!!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I am exactly the same weight as I was 25 years ago. Then, I wore a size 12. Now most of my clothes are a size 8 or 10. Just been shopping for a pair of smart black trousers. Got a lovely pair from Mango . . . in a UK size 6!!!
I will have you know that the earrings that I got for my 14th birthday still fit perfectly.

I am the same weight now as I was when I was 20. I was ill for a goodly while and had to take horrible meds which made me very eaty. But since stopping taking them, my weight returned to 140lbs and barely fluctuates. So much happier.

Top Bottom