primo comet tyre in uk?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought it was an astronomy thread? What is it?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't know what you might gain by squeezing them but you could always return them if they didn't pass your test.
Regards price you're looking at around £30 if you want a premium product whatever you go with.

OP
OP
roley poley

roley poley

Über Member
Don't know what you might gain by squeezing them but you could always return them if they didn't pass your test.
Regards price you're looking at around £30 if you want a premium product whatever you go with.
buying from a picture you cant feel the flex of tread or walls or compound of rubber also i would prefer to support a more local bike shop with my custom

A V Lowe

Über Member
I used to be UK importer, but volume of sales, & cost of importing, limited ranges (37-349/406 - comets & 40-305 V-monster) I wanted to carry, and (eventually) the engagement of mainstream manufacturers om providing -349 BSD tyres, meant I eventually stopped. With a decent 400A tube the 208gm carcases are very light, & I did carry some 19-349 which also fit Brompton rims (used on Ross (ICE) 'bents)

I still do have some stock - so PM/e-mail I'm in Glasgow, but in London on 15th, Manchester on 20th

NB for a better off-road ride, consider using 40-305 which do fit the Brompton, & were used on the Tactic. I have these too in -305 & -406.

Simon (Fiets a Parts - original Brompton importer for Benelux until parting of ways) also imported Primo tyres (was in Zwolle IIRC)

Last edited:
OP
OP
roley poley

roley poley

Über Member
I used to be UK importer, but volume of sales, & cost of importing, limited ranges (37-349/406 - comets & 40-305 V-monster) I wanted to carry, and (eventually) the engagement of mainstream manufacturers om providing -349 BSD tyres, meant I eventually stopped. With a decent 400A tube the 208gm carcases are very light, & I did carry some 19-349 which also fit Brompton rims (used on Ross (ICE) 'bents)

I still do have some stock - so PM/e-mail I'm in Glasgow, but in London on 15th, Manchester on 20th

NB for a better off-road ride, consider using 40-305 which do fit the Brompton, & were used on the Tactic. I have these too in -305 & -406.

Simon (Fiets a Parts - original Brompton importer for Benelux until parting of ways) also imported Primo tyres (was in Zwolle IIRC)
would think you could get a few customers if you offered in atob magazine they love 37-349 primo comet and seek an importer .I am only looking for one to replace a well loved yellow flash that's nearer cloth than it should be. If you pass through Leeds on your journeys look me up and give a price. Thanks for the info

berlinonaut

Veteran
Am I missing something, or is that tyre pretty much completely bald?
Not as bald as the Kojak but relatively close. In fact as long as you avoid mud and snow thread patterns are not important on a bicycle tire - things like aquaplaning do not really exist in the bicycle world. The Primo Comet has - if I remember correctly - tiny very little diamond shaped knobs, pretty much like racing bike tires in the 80ies (referring to your username ^_^). I highly doubt that they do have any effect though.

ukoldschool

I remember a set of Tioga comp pool tyres on my bmx in the 80's which were completely without tread, but they were awful unless it was hot and dry, totally sketchy in the wet. I cant imagine why anyone would run bald tyres out of choice on a bike meant to be used in a city?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I remember a set of Tioga comp pool tyres on my bmx in the 80's which were completely without tread, but they were awful unless it was hot and dry, totally sketchy in the wet. I cant imagine why anyone would run bald tyres out of choice on a bike meant to be used in a city?
Generally in the city you are not on thick mud, so tread is pretty much irrelevant. It can look pretty though.

Schwinnsta

I ride primo comets. I am in the US and they are cheap here. They are very supple, comfortable and fast. They are also prone to flats and wear out rather fast. I don't have issues with the tread or lack there of. They do have some tread but it wears away at the crown.

Top Bottom