Printer poor quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I bought a Canon PIXMA MP270 inkjet printer several years ago, to replace a fairly expensive HP printer. The Canon printer was cheap, and works fine, under both Linux and Windows, and its print quality is great. I can't help anyone re: the vet-prescribed cat tablets, though.

Salar

A fish out of water
Looks like what my Epson regularly does :sad: .I'm tempted to buy a Pixma as it's cheaper than fannying around with cleaning / new cartridges and I fancy a change from Epson

Epson printers are notorious for clogging after standing for a while. I use printers for my work from A4 to A1 for technical stuff and artwork.

I gave up on Epson many years ago, when they worked the results were very good, but the amount of expensive archival ink and paper I wasted made me cringe.

I now use Canon, HP and brother (very good for the money) which give much more consistent results.

Epson are slow and use a lot of ink, a Pixma should serve you well and are relatively inexpensive.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Laser.

Getting cheaper all the time (Mine was £30 for an all in one) and you can get colour lasers for under £100. And before anyone says photographs print better on an inkjet you get much better quality uploading to someone like Photobox who will print them and it works out cheaper that printer ink.

classic33

Leg End Member
Laser.

Getting cheaper all the time (Mine was £30 for an all in one) and you can get colour lasers for under £100. And before anyone says photographs print better on an inkjet you get much better quality uploading to someone like Photobox who will print them and it works out cheaper that printer ink.
Drums wear out, you'll spend more on the drum.
Four on a colour printer at upwards of £50 per drum.

Salar

A fish out of water
Laser.

Have you tried DS Colour Labs? They seem to get better reviews than Photobox.

OP
OP
Tommy2

Tommy2

Über Member
It’s an XP202 we’ve had it for a few years, thing is it gets used so infrequently that when we come to use it it does stuff like this some don’t bother and that leads to using it even less then it gets shoved in the loft.
Wife is going back to university this year so it may end up getting more use but then we will likely buy a better one with less problems.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It’s an XP202 we’ve had it for a few years, thing is it gets used so infrequently that when we come to use it it does stuff like this some don’t bother and that leads to using it even less then it gets shoved in the loft.
Wife is going back to university this year so it may end up getting more use but then we will likely buy a better one with less problems.
Thing is, even 'a better one' will do the same if it's used infrequently. The only answer, I suspect, is to set yourself an alarm to print off a page every fortnight or so.

si_c

Guru

You'll be surprised, when I left university 3 years ago most modules were already moving towards online submission tools. Besides that, printing at the big Uni printers will be more cost effective than printing via a home printer.

OP
OP
Tommy2

Tommy2

Über Member
Every fortnight sounds doable, I was thinking i would need to print something every few days to keep it functioning.

She has mentioned that she has to submit work to 3 online things or something.

Top Bottom