Priority seat in a train

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mustang1

mustang1

Legendary Member
Funnily enough, I was going to delete my post soon after creating it, thinking its just me having a silly rant.
If that's the case, why start a thread about someone not giving up a priority seat - particularly when someone else gave up their seat?
The train's got rules man, you gotta follow the rulez!

Incidentally, someone out their bag on top of my foot today because they didn't have any other space. So I knocked it over. Twice.

It is possible for children to get out of a car without hitting the next door car with their door. That ability doesn't magically appear when they turn 18.
No, it's so the door can be opened wider to allow car seats to be carried in/out or for the parent to be able to lean in to undo straps etc. All of which require the door to be opened further that someone getting out of a car.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Why just because you decided to breed should you be allowed to have a wider car parking spot?
The proprietors of the establishments where I do my shopping are simply competing to make it more convenient for me to come and spend my money with them. Smart thinking, as a family man there's obviously a lot I need to buy.

Not everybody with children has decided to breed.

subaqua

What’s the point
I once stood on a train from London to York, (I was travelling home to Edinburgh for Christmas) and was 8 months pregnant.
No-one would get up and offer me a seat.
The guard spotted me, grabbed my hand and walked me through the carriages until he found me a seat.
There were a lot of seats, but people had luggage sat on them etc. Inconsiderate is not the word!

similar happened from Chester to Euston with wifey and I when she was heavyily pregnant, as the train we were supposed to catch with reserved seats was cancelled and we got merged with another.

the guard took us to first class and placed us there FOC . that's when I started to use First Class as preferred carriage ( book early get dirt cheap) .
Virgin Trains can be good

subaqua

What’s the point
After 37 years of being a downtrodden straight white male, I'm finally at the point where I get priority for something. Parent and child parking, suckers! But pissed off at the two lads in the BMW who took the last space from under our nose the other week. My wife wanted me to go and say something but I didn't see how that would achieve anything. They clearly knew what they were doing and didn't give a shoot. Should I have kicked off at them?

slash the tyres ! then burn the car.

go and speak to security , they love clamping them

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
slash the tyres ! then burn the car.

go and speak to security , they love clamping them

Asda at Owlcoates, Leeds routinely clamp and fine motorists who park in the disabled bays who aren't entitled to do so. Infringements are almost non-existent now.

screenman

Legendary Member
So the kids getting out don't hit your car with their car door?

I like it when that happens^_^ good for trade.

RichardB

Slightly retro
A few years ago, my business partner was standing on a crowded tube train. A teenager stood up and offered him his seat. He was completely taken aback because , although in his early fifties, he's a slim, fit guy. He politely declined.

Afterwards, he told me... "You know, I just couldn't help hating the little b#stard!".:smile:
If I was that teenager's father, I would be very proud of him. When I was a lad, it was a given that someone young and fit would offer their seat to an older person, or someone who looked like they needed it. I've done it many times, and so did all of my mates - it was just what you did. Knowing to volunteer it was part of becoming an adult, and understanding that taking an opportunity to make other people's lives a bit better benefits everyone in the long run.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I was sat in a priority seat accompanying my pregnant wife when two older, I wouldn't say elderly, people got on the tram. They looked reasonably fit to me so I didn't immediately spring to my feet, but as they went past they were muttering about "ignorance". If they'd have actually asked for a seat I'd have given them mine, but they chose to just be rude to me. And how did they know I didn't have a need for the seat? Self righteous self entitled nobbers.

Top Bottom