Prison sentence for driver.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Good result

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Just curious, what did the cyclist do wrong in the eyes of the convicted driver?

Perhaps I'm being dense, but the written description of them arriving at opposite ends of a junction doesn't seem to match the video.

Looks to me as if the driver slowed as if to turn right and the cyclist trundled up a large gap to pass on the nearside.

The driver appears to have taken against that, set off in pursuit, and knocked the cyclist off from behind.

Stephenite

Membå
Perhaps I'm being dense, but the written description of them arriving at opposite ends of a junction doesn't seem to match the video.

Looks to me as if the driver slowed as if to turn right and the cyclist trundled up a large gap to pass on the nearside.

The driver appears to have taken against that, set off in pursuit, and knocked the cyclist off from behind.
See the start of the video. Before the driver slows to allow the cyclist to get in front.

Slick

Guru
Doesn't really matter what if anything the cyclist did or didn't do, it was all about the mad behaviour of the driver who saw the cyclist at the opposite end of the junction then cut across him anyway, then brake checked him before pushing him off the road from the side. Disgusting behaviour from an obvious thug who thought he was untouchable so good on the courts. To be fair to the cyclist, he was back on his feet in double quick time, but I suppose you would in case the idiot came back for another bite.

D

Deleted member 26715

Something else was a play here that can't be seen in the video, the car driver was being ignorant & aggressive when he made his right turn in front of the cyclist. But to stop in an attempt to stop the cyclist once he was off the bridge for no reason seems strange to me (there is no right turn at this point), I suspect the cyclist was either shouting or gesticulating what he thought of the driver. Either way it is not an excuse to attack somebody with a car, as to the sentence, 24 months probation, anger management classes & a life ban on any motorised vehicle would have been more appropriate.

Top Bottom