Prison Vans in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scouserinlondon

I work around Vauxhall and commute from streatham so travel through some fairly busy streets connecting Brixton Prison and police station to town. I've noticed recently a huge amount of Group 4 prison vans. Quite often there's a lunatic or two shouting and banging on the sides. Today on Durham street there was a massive wagon and it was literally rocking with blokes banging on the side and screming at anybody who comes past. Kind of scary and a bit funny at the same time. Anybody else see is craziness?

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
There's a lot of criminals out there.Be safe.

Maz

Guru
I work around Vauxhall and commute from streatham so travel through some fairly busy streets connecting Brixton Prison and police station to town. I've noticed recently a huge amount of Group 4 prison vans. Quite often there's a lunatic or two shouting and banging on the sides. Today on Durham street there was a massive wagon and it was literally rocking with blokes banging on the side and screming at anybody who comes past. Kind of scary and a bit funny at the same time. Anybody else see is craziness?
Group 4 is the same as G4S. The bloke banging on the side of the van was the fella arrested for chucking a bottle at Usain Bolt last night.

its sometimes a bit shocking if one comes behind you in traffic with shouting angry men inside. Saw one cyclist singing 'I'm free' by the soup dragons. Caused a lot more banging and swearing.
lol
//pedantic mode on
a Jagger/Richards composition surely?
// pedantic mode off

Sure there is an episode of Porridge with Fletcher singing "Born free... till somebody caught me"

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Like hearses, I find prison vans very disconcerting. I don't like the idea of people looking out through tinted portholes at their last glimpse of freedom for some time. Never heard any percussion from within though.

OP
OP
S

scouserinlondon

Like hearses, I find prison vans very disconcerting. I don't like the idea of people looking out through tinted portholes at their last glimpse of freedom for some time. Never heard any percussion from within though.

seems particularly noticeable on a Monday. I spose all the weekend warriors who got banged up on Friday nights are getting taken to court or remanded.

OP
OP
S

scouserinlondon

lol
//pedantic mode on
a Jagger/Richards composition surely?
// pedantic mode off

Sure there is an episode of Porridge with Fletcher singing "Born free... till somebody caught me"
you're right. My bad.

Top Bottom