Pro bike tool-portable mini floor pump review.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Credit to Steveindenmark for originally bringing this item to my attention (thank you Steve).

First impression is good. It seems robust in it's construction.

Small enough to fit in my saddle bag, safe from the elements. A bolt on bracket with velcro strap to mount it on the frame with the bottle cage is included if that is your preference.

I can confirm that it is suitable for both Presta & Schrader valve types. The method of fitting to the valve is screw on in both cases, which I prefer to a locking lever method.

For those concerned about valve damage caused when using direct connect pumps-fear not. This pump has a quality flexible hose between the valve connection & pump, which facilitates a comfortable pumping position.

I timed myself pumping up a 700c x 25 flat tyre. This was to test it's efficiency and to also familiarise myself with the pump & valve fitting.

Without rushing, but pumping continuously at a steady pace, I was able to inflate to 80psi in 2 minutes. That pressure would have been enough to ride. This test was performed in the comfort of my outhouse. In rain and/or howling wind most things can take longer.

The pump comes with a lifetime guarantee-a rare but valuable type of warrenty for portable cycle pumps in my experience.

Full customer support is provided directly from Pro bike tools without having to go through third parties or jump through hoops.

Very pleased.

https://www.probiketool.com/uk/product/mini-floor-bike-pump/
20180214_124152.jpg

Attachments

• 20180214_124020.jpg
    20180214_124020.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
Looks like a direct competitor to the Lezyne Micro Floor drive. Same chuck design, similar length, shorter hose but more compact and cheaper.

Lezyne-Micro-Floor-Drive-HV-Pumpe-ohne-Luftdruckanzeige-silver-universal-30580-80529-1481264248.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Im glad you like it.

I have used it a couple of times now and it is not a struggle to use like some of the mini pumps. The T bar is comfortable to hold and having a foot is a big advantage. You get a good volume of air into it and so it is far quicker than a lot of the "good" mini pumps I have used. My tyres take 90psi and this pump is well capable of that. In fact I stopped pumping as I thought I was exceeding the recommended tyre pressure. As it was, it measured 85psi on the track pump when I got home.

Shame it's not got a gauge.

Personally I am pleased that it is made without a gauge. (Additional areas to start leaking air, additional thing to go wrong, and a bit extra weight if we are splitting hairs). Your phumb on the centre of the tyre is accurate enough if you get a flat while out riding.

I got it because it is a good alternative to the poor quality mini pumps that are out there.

If you are wanting a pump to use at home , I can highly recommend the Topeak blow Joe max 2- an excellent & very efficient floor pump (with a gauge) and cheaper than a lot of mini pumps. £20.29 from Evans cycles in Oct 2015. Item code: EV162331
What'a not to like. ;)

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
Personally I am pleased that it is made without a gauge. (Additional areas to start leaking air, additional thing to go wrong, and a bit extra weight if we are splitting hairs). Your phumb on the centre of the tyre is accurate enough if you get a flat while out riding.

I got it because it is a good alternative to the poor quality mini pumps that are out there.

If you are wanting a pump to use at home , I can highly recommend the Topeak blow Joe max 2- an excellent & very efficient floor pump (with a gauge) and cheaper than a lot of mini pumps. £20.29 from Evans cycles in Oct 2015. Item code: EV162331
What'a not to like. ;)

Yeah. Perhaps some mini-pump gauges are fine but the Lezyne ones are total garbage and like to unscrew themselves while you are pumping.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
My giyo pumps gauges seem fine on both the mini pump and mini floor one. Thumb on the tyre doesn't really work well enough for me and current tyres seem noticeably better at certain pressures.

I'd strongly recommend the SKS Airkompressor and Rennkompressors for home use after using some at Danish and Dutch hotels. I'm just waiting for my Beto to rust out...

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
I''m surprised to hear that about Lezyne pumps Randy, because a lot of the guys were singing the praises of Lezyne mini pumps in my other thread. Maybe Lezyne have not quite got to grips with the gauges.

I was one of them :tongue:. Lezyne make some good stuff and some bad stuff in my experience. After being really pleased with the Road Drive pump I shelled out extra for the hose with the integrated gauge.

It manages to fail impressively in just about every aspect: it isn't clear what line you are meant to take the reading from; it's 'sticky' and tends to jump from one reading to another, giving inconsitent measurements; the markings rub off very quickly even though they are protected inside the body of the pump; it gets condensation inside which makes it hard to read; and it unscrews itself - an issue made worse by the fact that it uses a screw chuck.

Top Bottom