Pro Team Jersey Sizings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I know this is a bit of an open question BUT

Could anyone advise on the "True" Team Jersey sizings ?

I dont have any one team in mind, would just be amazing to be able to buy one that fits, Im around a 48" Chest these days.

Thanks

jimboalee

I know this is a bit of an open question BUT

Could anyone advise on the "True" Team Jersey sizings ?

I dont have any one team in mind, would just be amazing to be able to buy one that fits, Im around a 48" Chest these days.

Thanks

What bike do you ride? Do any pro teams ride the same bike?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Different manufacturers vary - ime, Vermarc are on the snug side, Endura on the large.

Best bet is probably to ask once you have something in mind.

Varies by manufacturers to get in and out of it (over the shoulders) even though its a 3/4 zip and I have narrow shouklder I had to go for medium or large (I cant recall) with my Team Ireland jersey (some Italian Make with a frog as a logo); whereas my LPR jersey with only a 1/4 zip fits perfectly and its a '2' I think thats a small (also Italian, Nalini) and with my other non pro tops small is the best size for me but theres variance here too, my xs BikeNow (Ventou, Australian) top fits best.

jimboalee

In 1986, my girlfriend at the time who became my wife got me a TdeF Combination jersey all printed up with La Vie Claire and Radar iron-ons.

I wore it a couple of times but I don't have a Look bike so I never wear it. It wasn't right when I was riding a Peugeot and it's still not right on an SWorks.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
[QUOTE 1186493"]
Forget it. I tried a size 6 HTC jersey when I was on holiday, it was, um, snug to the point of constriction. I am a 44" chest and 36" waist!

I think the issue is they are sized for anoerexic Europeans, no us 'healthy' and manly Brit cyclists.
[/quote]

I make you right, I tried on a 2xl race cut Radioshack jersey on in Evans yesterday, wasnt even close LOL

Ahh well :-(

jimboalee

I'm 42" chest and 32" waist.
My Solihull club jersey is by Giodana. Size M and fits OK.
My Western Wheelers club jersey is by Voler Velowear in Calif. Size M and snug.
My Peugeot Team jersey is size M and the waist is baggy.
That TdeF Combination jersey is size M and it still fits fine after nearly twenty five years.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I find Normal cycling clothes are sized normally, so for me a 'large' will fit my 42inch chest, however pro team cycling gear will have no relation to normal sizes, so for me to fit a pro team jersey, i'll need XXXL.

Top Bottom