Pro team kit or normal kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_G

Just curious how many of you wear your favourite team kit or just buy a normal off the shelf kit.
I havent seen many riders wearing team kits but ill be honest i do like the radioshack kit, but not sure if id wear it on a ride.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wear what ever you like Andy.
If you like the RadioShack kit then get one and wear it.
Don't worry what others think.

HovR

Über Member
Wear what you want. Someone in the club has Radioshack kit - but he also has the speed to back it up! If you're pootling along wearing pro-team kit you might get some comments elitist riders, but who cares what they think. :thumbsup:

I personally wear off-the-shelf shorts or longs on the lower half, and cheap baselayers with my clubs jersey. Works for me! In my club a few riders are wearing Sky/Radioshack kits and no one cares - In a good club no one bothers about what you're wearing, as long as you're out on the bike!

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I wear my club kit when training (not commuting), and have no problem if people want to wear pro-team stuff or, dare I say it, a maillot jaune, word champ stripes etc.

I've got bigger fish to fry than taking issue someone wearing a leaders/champions/pro team jersey...

mark st1

Plastic Manc
+5 i will wear what i like when my budget stretches to it i really like the Team Sky stuff as its mainly Black id always go for design over who its actually advertising though.

compo

Veteran
I don't wear team kit. I don't ride a road bike any longer and at the pedestrian speed I ride my Hybrid I would look a bit of a pillock in team gear. My top of many colours doesn't count, I am allowed to look a pillock in that!

amaferanga

Veteran
Yeah wear what you want. But note that very few club riders or amateur racers wear replica pro kit. If you like the look then join a club that has nice kit then you can wear it instead of the replica stuff.

I do find it annoying though when I see someone in Sky kit and start trying to work out who it might be. Sometimes it's obvious it's not a Sky rider mind :thumbsup:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I wore team kit once and the <internal> pressure to go like the clappers I nearly blew a gasket. eBay'ed it and now wear anything, but team kit.

Nearly there

Veteran
Over the summer months I saw loads of pro kit clad riders but not now everyone's in winter gear like many have said wear what you like.

Licramite

Über Member
I won't wear team kit out of respect for the team - you mean that old fat guy is in team sky! - If I find a team I really hate I might wear their kit.

but finding kit that hasn't team stripe or bloody dragons or wolves on is flippin hard. the cheep Chinese stuff is all team kit or bloody dragons !

go for what you like - doesn't matter what you wear - you will look better than me.

Never worn in any club I have been part of and personally would never wear any pro team kit, it's a traditional thing. As for Championship jerseys [polka dot etc] and most especially the rainbow stripes, never. These have been earned and should only be worn by those who are world champions, they are worn with tremendous pride and have respect from all other riders, for others to wear them is to show disrespect to the world champions, a bit like wearing a medal for combat / bravery you never took part in.
On the other hand we do enjoy the hilarious sight of overweight blokes in various tops including the polka dot jersey puffing their way up shallow inclines :smile:.

Top Bottom