Probable new toy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purplemoon

tdr1nka said:
PM, I believe you saw a recumbent bicycle with under seat steering(USS).

Yes, that would most likely be it. I was just standing watching him in amazement going down the street, especially when he cornered the bend without even slowing down :biggrin:

I don't think I've ever seen one of those being ridden on a public road before, he was much braver than I :tongue:

purplemoon

wafflycat said:
You can have a go on my IceT sometime, should you like.

As long as it's got 3 wheels, I would rather die than try to ride one of those I saw the other day :tongue: :biggrin:

squeaker

Über Member
20"

Auntie Helen said:
Interesting, in that photo the front wheels look larger than the rear - presumably that's just a matter of perspective, I think they're 20" all round aren't they?
Yes (but the pic is of an older, unsuspended rear, model). But just to confuse, you can now get them with an unsuspended 26" rear wheel..... (I see that ICE have now released the B1 (and B2) for sale).

And yes you can spend a lot of money :biggrin: but think of the long term health benefits :biggrin:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well we have it, Trice number 2, currently sitting in the kitchen (not sure why it's in the kitchen, that was where it was when I got home) after a 450 mile round trip to collect it from oop north.

Tomorrow if it's stopped raining I'll get a 'His 'n Hers Trice Q' photo.

We are very encouraged by the good nick that a 3 year old Trice is in - clearly made of long-lasting parts.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Definite new toy!

And here they are

New (2nd hand) one in foreground, Old (bought new 14 weeks ago) in background.

They ride quite differently, the 2nd hand one being a NT (Narrow Track) which is too narrow for my girlie hips but with a slightly more definite gearchange on the grip shifts. The new Trice (the normal Q, not narrow) gives a smoother ride with the suspension. But we love 'em both!

DSCF4073.jpg

wafflycat

Auntie Helen said:
Interesting, in that photo the front wheels look larger than the rear - presumably that's just a matter of perspective, I think they're 20" all round aren't they?

Yes, the wheels are all the same size. It's the same model as I have, an IceT.

Congratulations on getting your Weimaraner in the shot Auntie Helen. I too have been weak in the face of temptation over the weekend and bought a trike. Not as nice as yours, I must admit, but I found a TW Bents trike on ebay that had been a display model in a cycle shop in Scotland for £200 under list price - I had been on the verge of buying one at the full price, so this was a bargain that was too good to ignore. I should be a trike rider by Wednesday; all I have to do is find space in the garage for it (not as easy as it sounds).

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Congratulations on getting your own trike - this little corner of the East of England is getting several of them, it seems.

In order to fit my husband's trike in a shed we've had to move the lawnmower to a more awkward shed and put some of the overflow shed junk into the porch just off our lounge (we don't use that door to go in and out of the house, fortunately). We really need another shed but we've already got 3 and not really any room to put any more if we want to retain a small amount of garden for the weimaraner to pee in!

Now all we need is some better weather to use the things - although the forecast is looking promising for this week.

Top Bottom