Probably the worlds most stupid cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

somekindofwizard

Maz said:
I would've stopped to see if he was OK.

Normally I would have stopped if I had seen a cyclist come off and have done in the past even being an official witness to people who have been knocked off.

However given the clothes, attitude and sense this guy was showing and as this was cycling through Streatham which is liberally scattered with police signs warning about "Youths on push bikes" that are out on the rob I rightly or wrongly presumed that he was of the opintion that working brakes would have affected his gangsta creditability and thought he probably deserved it.

On the face of it I would have thought he would have been better of sticking his foot down that trying the ridiculous method he was doing.

Tynan

Veteran
we don't know how fast either party was going or how bad the off was, he might clearly not have hurt himself overly

mikeitup

Veteran
it seems these days that people taking responsibility for their own actions is a thing of the past.
He was on abike with no brakes and fell off.
SERVES HIM RIGHT!

Christ, it pains me that people like this can reproduce. :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Whatever happened to compassion? to Doing the right thing? to showing concern for a fellow human being?

I don't care if he's a yoof on a bike. I'd've stopped to see if he was OK. Maybe he'd turn round and tell me to f*ck off, but I don't care about that, either.

domtyler

Über Member
I like to think that I would have stopped too, but occasionally when I am hammering along I have seen things that I know I should have stopped, like a cat that had just been run over etc. and I just kept going as I couldn't bring myself to stop. :biggrin:

Maz said:
Whatever happened to compassion? to Doing the right thing? to showing concern for a fellow human being?

I don't care if he's a yoof on a bike. I'd've stopped to see if he was OK. Maybe he'd turn round and tell me to f*ck off, but I don't care about that, either.

Good on ya, Maz! :biggrin: Good attitude (and hopefully karma).

longers

Legendary Member
I'm with Maz on this one.

If/when I do something stupid I'd like someone to check I'm ok.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hold on...it's not stupid it's chuffin mad... leave the idiots, unless you pass a few fingers and a police sign for help, then ignore it.. not being funny but some of these folk are happy to stick a knife in you before asking questions....., car drivers or not...

In "outer" Manchester, most folk are trying to get to work, but get near the center, then it's probably a drug runner - seen too many dodgy folk running dodgy machinery - i.e. a full road bike ridden by a hoodie slowly in trainers on clipless pedals.... in Rusholme... "hot" bike if I saw it !

Sorry but...cyclist/motorist - too many idiots about - we all know that....

longers

Legendary Member
It is possible to check that someone is OK without getting too close or coming within range of a knife. You're on a bike - how's he going to catch you?

The silly bastard. When I fell off my commuter a few years back by dropping the front wheel into the tramlines on the Midlands Metro, I didn't expect anyone to see if I was OK. Because it was entirely my fault. Anyone who is daft enough to try and operate his rear brake like that is going to fall off every now and again.

I'd have been too busy laughing to stop and help. I don't wish to seem heartless, but I am.

I agree with some of the more compassionate posts here - I would have stopped, but I am also a bit of a scaredey cat and would have stopped on the bike, a bit away from him. Any sign of anything other than a "yes/no" or an eff off and I would be laying down rubber accelerating away.

Idiotic cyclist, oh yes, but he is still a person who might have hurt himself quite badly.

hehe, is kinda funny though :biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm with Maz, should have stopped and helped.

OTOH, I once didn't stop for something similar, and I still feel guilty about it. I always stop now.

Tynan

Veteran
I'd have made a judgement as how badly the bloke likely was from the accident, as the OP presumably did

OP
OP
S

somekindofwizard

I honestly think i am as compassionate as the next person when it comes to helping people, I took the opinion that he wasn't badly hurt and to be honest with a head as thick as he must have he probably didnt feel a thing. Some of the comments on here did remind me of the time I stopped and asked a guy pushing his bike with a flat if he needed a new tube and some help only to be told "no I don't, f*ck off"... I know you get annoyed after getting a puncture but jeez...

Top Bottom