Probably the worlds most stupid cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Well, none of us were there, and it was your judgement to make! Whatever happened afterwards, I'm sure I would have laughed just as hard as you did.

This reminds me of the time two older, well-dressed cyclists and their dog were going the wrong way up a fast, curved, nasty one-way street in Whitechapel (Three Colt Street, by St. Anne's church, outside the old Wheelers workshop for those of you that know the area). I said "look out, you're going the wrong way up a one-way street".

Their response? "Nah, you're a mug, shut up!". I would have been glad to see a BMW take them out, to be honest.

Difficult to know what to do in these circs. I'd have made a judgement based on where I was, what he was dressed like, and how useful or otherwise my intervention could have been. By then I'd have been past him and thinking about whether I would still catch the 18.06 from the station, so I'd have carried on :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I had to look at the OPs location to check this wasn't Manchester, on reading the story. I did once see a guy cycling my route with a similar rear brake setup - I did pull alongside and tell him about it, but he said he knew, and was ok as he still had a front brake.

Top Bottom