Problem accessing Internet...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can access Cyclechat although it does say sometimes "looking up cyclechat" and makes a real meal of it or times out...Most of the time now it times out...I have a real impression that something on my laptop is blocking it out.I can access ebay strangely enough.

I have already done a scan and found a few dodgy *.exe files via Symantic Antivirus...It's also Wi-Fi but this hasn't been a problem before...

Downloaded Spybot but the prog im using cannot seem to update and also cannot access the spybot website....

I need some sort of spyware prog which works (and any advice)...cheers

Malwarebytes is one of the most reliable out there...free of course.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

2Loose said:
Malwarebytes is one of the most reliable out there...free of course.

I used that but it only found one dodgy registry key,thanks all the same.:ohmy:

Symantic did find some dodgy progs.:bicycle:

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Still have the same problem and it's frustrating.Can't access much and any site which can help me I can't get onto...marvelous how some computer nerd can put some crap on my computer and so almost disabling it and so costing me lots of time trying to fix it.

To55er5.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Don't know what it is but it blocks updating of Spybot and downloading of AVG...Symantic can't find anything...Malwarebytes cant update.

Look for a file called 'Hosts' on your PC, in a folder off of the main windows one iirc.
It is a text file, so can be opened in Notepad or pretty much anything else.
In it, web sites can be listed with instructions on what to do when they are requested by a browser. e.g. www.bbc.co.uk can point at www.cyclechat.net instead of where it should go. Take a look for any URL's that refer to avg or the spybot urls.

Worth a go for the sake of 2 minutes, just in case.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Dammit...no joy...Looks like I will have to reload windows.:biggrin:

rh100

try malwarebytes without the latest update - the download from the web should be fairly up to date
also try doing it in safe mode (press f8 during boot up to get the menu to select this)

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

rh100 said:
try malwarebytes without the latest update - the download from the web should be fairly up to date
also try doing it in safe mode (press f8 during boot up to get the menu to select this)

I can't dowload off of the internet...something is blocking it but not everything...I already have malwarebytes minus update and all it found was a measly registry key.

Thanks for your help...yes safe mode is an option and may try it...another option I have thought of today is loading an alternate copy of Windows and getting spybot on that to scan the whole system that would clean it at a guess...I can't download AVG either.

Thanks for your help anyway.

hackbike 666 said:
I can't dowload off of the internet...something is blocking it but not everything...I already have malwarebytes minus update and all it found was a measly registry key.

Thanks for your help...yes safe mode is an option and may try it...another option I have thought of today is loading an alternate copy of Windows and getting spybot on that to scan the whole system that would clean it at a guess...I can't download AVG either.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Have you got access to another PC I once had to download anti virus software on another machine and transfer it to the original via USB

Edit: Another time I had reboot in safe mode and do a system restore to gain access to the web, then updated the anti virus software.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

HLaB said:
Have you got access to another PC I once had to download anti virus software on another machine and transfer it to the original via USB

I have done that and it found stuff but I still have the problem.Cheers.:biggrin:

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Elmer Fudd said:
Hackbike999*
What's your operating System ?
Can you open e-mails and if so can you open e-mail attachments ?

*Seemed more appropriate at the mo :girl: !!

I have email on a 500gb removable drive so it has no probs...Windows XP...am now loading a second copy of windows on...will then load Zone Alarm...Symantic Corporate and Spy bot then scan the system.

Plus main computer desktop is ok anyway

Top Bottom