Problems with resistance on Bkool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Bkool problem for me yesterday

I have the pro smart trainer and wasn’t getting any resistance in zwift, just riding or doing a workout

I have had to replace the plug as the original plug was damaged- could this be the reason as it’s a low wattage plug

Is there anything I can do to try and resolve the problem? Or is the trainer knackered
There are replacement psu's available fairly cheap. IIRC I got mine from Amazon for about £10.

Alex1982

There are replacement psu's available fairly cheap. IIRC I got mine from Amazon for about £10.

Just bought a new trainer, got a tacx and it’s a 100 times better

Blessing in disguise as you really do notice the difference

Hi folks
I’ve just got a BKOOL Smart Go. Been though most of the same trials and tribulations as others.
Using BKOOL Indoor things are good. Nice rides around Richmond Park are very realistic as have done same circuit for real!
If I’m riding against other BKOOL users on the simulator we are all on a level playing field, but when go to third part apps Zwift and Trainer Road then especially on uphills the Watts that BKOOL shows are significantly less than when also use Stages for power. So having to try and knock out about 40 watts more to match those on other ‘smarter’ trainers. Any suggestions for how to compensate, some have suggested exaggerating body weight.

I also own a Smart Pro 2 and see weirdness. I have noticed for some time now that a similar power/effort put into the trainer seems to result in much higher Watt display in Bkool Indoor software than in Zwift software. Then today I noticed something very strange. I had done some really demanding zwift group rides recently, but only averaged about 270W in Zwift software. Since my Zwift rides port automatically to Strava (where they display the same average Watts as Zwift), then they also appeared on my Bkool software log of activities, since my Bkool account is also connected to Strava. I checked the stats and the exact same Zwift ride shows 360W average in BKool Simulator software!! Its Bonkers - what is going on?! Why the difference from the exact same ride? Ultimately I want to know which software is giving the more accurate representation of true power from the Smart Pro 2.

CXRAndy

Guru
I also own a Smart Pro 2 and see weirdness. I have noticed for some time now that a similar power/effort put into the trainer seems to result in much higher Watt display in Bkool Indoor software than in Zwift software. Then today I noticed something very strange. I had done some really demanding zwift group rides recently, but only averaged about 270W in Zwift software. Since my Zwift rides port automatically to Strava (where they display the same average Watts as Zwift), then they also appeared on my Bkool software log of activities, since my Bkool account is also connected to Strava. I checked the stats and the exact same Zwift ride shows 360W average in BKool Simulator software!! Its Bonkers - what is going on?! Why the difference from the exact same ride? Ultimately I want to know which software is giving the more accurate representation of true power from the Smart Pro 2.

This has been discussed endlessly. If you look in the forums, I have conducted various comparisons between by Kickr and my Bkool Pro. Let me give you the abridged version. Dont be too offended

The Bkool Pro within Bkool sim bears no relation to any realistic power you can produce. Zwift/Strava do their best to correct the fictitious power number

Buy a proper power meter trainer or decent crank/pedal/hub power meter and use the Bkool unit as a dumb resistance unit.

Thats it.:okay:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Buy a proper power meter trainer or decent crank/pedal/hub power meter and use the Bkool unit as a dumb resistance unit.
I'll add to this, having got a pair of Vector 3 pedals, if you try and do workout rides in Zwift don't expect the trainer to react to the changes in power demands quickly enough for the workout. The power fluctuates too much for too long, especially for short 30 second efforts :cry:

Neo coming my way soon ... well by soon within the next 12 months :rofl:

Rwlinda

I've been using a bKool Pro for 2 years and mainly did a lot of pretty cool video and 3d rides using the bKool simulator. I really enjoyed those and riding felt pretty true to what it'd be like for real.

A few weeks ago I started working with a personal trainer who schedules all kinds of rides where I have to hit certain watts. So, now I've been using only the workout feature in the bKool simulator. I was really taken back at how hard it was to hit the watts I needed to. I know indoor workouts are much tougher when done indoors on a trainer, but this was getting ridiculous. Yesterday I finally put on my Vectors on my indoor bike to compare, because I didn't trust it. Turns out bKool underestimated my output by 50W consistently for the first hour! Then it got better and was similar to what the Vectors were reporting and then bKool started overestimating by 30W for the remaining 30 minutes. No wonder I 1. was having such a hard time, 2. got really strong (only good thing here), and 3. wasn't recovering very well.

Anyway, like some already mentioned: use a proper power meter and use bKool to just give you the resistance. Do not trust its speed, power or cadence readings!

Top Bottom