Products you miss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Noticed some Angel Delight in Aldi this morning... not seen it for years but can't say I miss it... i did buy some though, for old time's sake.

I used to prefer Instant Whip. One thing you had to be careful of was that Angel Delight took a pint of milk and Instant Whip only half a pint.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
That's one way of describing it.
Having to decline sales to anyone underage & then have their parents come and have go at you got annoying .

I think I had a cap powered spud gun, but I had the wrong type of caps for it. I had these sort iirc
220px-Spielzeugmunition.jpg

I kept emptying the power into the firing mechanism, then taking it into the lounge to shoot my brother with it, who was sitting down on an armchair. It kept misfiring until the time it didn't. Cue my outraged father storming back to the newsagent with it,

classic33

Leg End Member
Pin and card.
How'd they get the card round the pins?

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Yep, actual guards vans were on freight trains, but there used to a guards compartment in passenger carriages which could take parcels, bikes and such like.

Red Star Parcels
I lost count of the times I waited for the train to pickup an urgent consignment, only to find it had overshot and was now heading for Edinburgh. I was in Peterborough.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I dimly remember a split iron ball about the size of a walnut that was loud.:hyper:

I do remember something like that. One version was a split iron casting in the shape of a rocket held together with clips; much better that the plastic version upthread (which of course, was the version I had)

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I do remember something like that. One version was a split iron casting in the shape of a rocket held together with clips; much better that the plastic version upthread (which of course, was the version I had)
It wasn't this, but it was pretty close. Fun and dangerous toys were always made out of cheap metal. It all went tits up when wimpy plastic stuff came along. You could seriously injure yourself on Meccano......no chance of that with Lego.

cap bomb.jpg

Top Bottom