Progress after surgery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

feath machine 39

Hello fellow cyclists posted about 4 weeks ago after knee athroscopy.Its 5 weeks to the day had surgery donehave done a few sessions on turbo over last couple of weeks .Today rode 10 miles but knee really tight to rear , did not feel i should take it further .Is this the normal symptons anyone any idea or do i want it too bad .?

PK99

Legendary Member
Hello fellow cyclists posted about 4 weeks ago after knee athroscopy.Its 5 weeks to the day had surgery donehave done a few sessions on turbo over last couple of weeks .Today rode 10 miles but knee really tight to rear , did not feel i should take it further .Is this the normal symptons anyone any idea or do i want it too bad .?

go see a sports physio and heed their advice

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Most likely - I had a shoulder decompression 6 weeks ago, and the soft tissue is painful - i.e. muscles. Tell your physio at the hospital what's the score. My physio is just advising certain exercises when I point out where/when I get pain.

Tynan

Veteran
5 weeks doesn't seem long

surely you were told/asked about how long to rest the knee before any sort of serious excercise?

OP
OP
feath machine 39

feath machine 39

5 weeks doesn't seem long

surely you were told/asked about how long to rest the knee before any sort of serious excercise?

Not told a lot Tynan good old nhs even discharged without seeing consultant Think your right though five weeks is still early days Trying to be optimistic about it .

OP
OP
feath machine 39

feath machine 39

What did they actually do when they were in there?

Chris
CHRIS apparently they filed down a bucket tear on meniscus after fearing i had torn it and it would need a full repair .He told me he had got my knee back to prestine condition .This was in the recovery room straight after op though not seen no one since .Ido see him next week though hpofully to shed some more light on it .>

Top Bottom