Project 1954 Robin Hood raleigh.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CrazyBrit97

Regular
So time has come where i need to start cleaning him up and getting him pretty again, going to try keep all original parts so im going to remove the 60s dynamo and lights to stick with the original dynamo in the front wheel. here we go...
1954 Robin Hood Raleigh.jpg
Date.jpg

OP
OP
CrazyBrit97

CrazyBrit97

Regular
Starting to clean a few things up
chain.jpg
chain2.jpg

shadaboot27

Nice work! If it was mine I would totally strip it down, clean each part individually, wire brush and oil all the bolt threads then rebuild it and replace all the bearings and grease and give it new tyres and tubes. Then it will ride like a dream providing it all goes back together properly. If you get stuck on anything i'll be happy to help and i might be able to give you some good tips.

OP
OP
CrazyBrit97

CrazyBrit97

Regular
Nice work! If it was mine I would totally strip it down, clean each part individually, wire brush and oil all the bolt threads then rebuild it and replace all the bearings and grease and give it new tyres and tubes. Then it will ride like a dream providing it all goes back together properly. If you get stuck on anything i'll be happy to help and i might be able to give you some good tips.
Two words... Cotter pins :wacko:

you can buy a specific tool called a cotter press or use a vice and socket, like on this video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQg89p6gcjk

Top Bottom