'Project' bike almost completed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog said:
That would be cool & create a nice show stand :wacko:

I did look at my old mountain bike in the garage & thought maybe ?? but I only ride it out with Kim on the horse (3 times this year) so not worth the effort & money, cause I'd never use it for group rides :smile:

If there's going to be a few Cycle Chat bikes, maybe we should change the logo colours to blue & yellow to save costs, because I couldn't find an orange tyre (700c) under £20 :smile:

Anyway, you probably can't get coloured tyres in all types and sizes, so black would have to do.

I'm almost annoyed that I've just had my tourer powdercoated red.

However, I was looking at my winter hack today... Although I'm fond of its blue and yellow pseudo police look, I might be persuaded. Although it doesn't tend to go on long group rides, being a heavy hack type...

nuovo_record

thats a good looking rebuild...
i think a nicely finished steel frame looks just as nice, if not better than carbon or ally.
wanna finish mine now....ooh dear me......have decided to go the powdercoat route, but in bright orange if pos..

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Thanks for all the +ve comments. Wasn't too sure what the finished product would be like & thought it may end up being a bit geeky, but I quite like it now :biggrin:

The front tyre is a Conti Grand Prix attack £20.50 (inc postage) off ebay
rear tyre is a Schwalbe Blizzard.

Thinking about replacing the brake pads with orange & blue :laugh:

I'm not too tall :ohmy: 6'5" but the saddle is at the absolute maximum for me & really needs to be lowered :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog said:
I'm not too tall :laugh: 6'5" but the saddle is at the absolute maximum for me & really needs to be lowered :biggrin:

I'm sorry, but 6' 5" really is stupidly tall. I know you can't help it, but really, it's excessive. The air's thinner up there, and you hit your head on things.

5' 3" is much more sensible....:smile:

Top Bottom