Projects 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
A place for people to add their 2023 home, garden and building projects…….will be nice to see what people have planned and see how they are going.

I have a few planned for next year….new front garden, extending the back garden back to its full size by removing the fallen down stone wall and refencing, new man cave.

what you got planned for 2023?..

CXRAndy

Guru
Got quite a lot of projects to go thru having bought a farm- that needs a fair bit to bring it up to our requirements.

Power, drainage, buildings, machinery, solar are all on the list to sort out. :wacko:

Oh and learning the basics of land management :ohmy:

Not a lot as our garden is low maintenance lawn, shrubs and hedges. The lawn is divided by a path which, on one side, is just anout passable grass, but on the other is almost completely moss. I have been considering re-turfing the mossy part but one plus about it is that that side is maintenance free and green all year round.

I shall think a bit more about it.....

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Got quite a lot of projects to go thru having bought a farm- that needs a fair bit to bring it up to our requirements.

Power, drainage, buildings, machinery, solar are all on the list to sort out. :wacko:

Oh and learning the basics of land management :ohmy:

Dont forget to post them up andy, would love to see how it looks now and how it changes over time.

Hicky

Guru
Hopefully the time to do what I want to…that would be a first.
Manage 1/4 of the garden into the rose garden I’ve planned…I’ve bought enough roses for the job. All strongly scented so I’m hoping the roots take well.
Repointing the Yorkshire stone crazy paving in the garden. Stripping and repainting the stone cills to the front of the house….properly.
I have the living room to completely redo and I can see the plaster either falling off….or needing lots(😏) of sanding.
There’s more I’d like to do but funds and more importantly time doesn’t allow.

postman

Legendary Member
Raised bed planned,going for scaffolding boards.Then the compost from three large bins plus top soil.Then Mrs P has a list of shrubs and bushes to buy.

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Banned from the thread lol….hope all is well colin.

What do you mean by ‘banned’ Jowwy? :wacko:

Drago

Legendary Member
We have 2 garages. One is in the back garden, but now cars are bigger than an Austin A35 one cannot get a car to it so that's been converted into a gym with UPVC with do and door.

The other is on the side of the house, and I suspect may have started life as a car port. Either way its a proper job done by a builder (or perhaps an amateur of our @JhnBssll 's calibre, not a bodger like me), not a lash up. This one has a corrugated plastic roof which is not going to survive another winter so I've ordered all the kit to redo it with 10mm bronze twinwall polycarbonate. Pics when the job begins.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Fireplace door received and fitted. After yesterday's garage roof job I'm now serious nacked.

20230419_150118.jpg

Top Bottom