*proper* goths

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Can't remember how I used to 'dance' in my 'yoof' but it wasn't like the youtube link. A bit of arms flailing around if I recall correctly. But mainly standing in the corner trying to look more miserable than the next man.

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

yorkshiregoth said:
Can't remember how I used to 'dance' in my 'yoof' but it wasn't like the youtube link. A bit of arms flailing around if I recall correctly. But mainly standing in the corner trying to look more miserable than the next man.

Sort of like doing the twist, whilst trying to slap down imaginary basketballs on either side, but in slower motion?

red_tom

My eldest brother is an ubergoth. He's known to about 4,000,000 other goths on Livejournal, writes role playing games for a living and is mates with Neil Gaiman.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I noticed the bit that says they live in a council flat on benefits and plan to start a family. Great idea! Another sponger for us to look after!!

ChrisKH

Guru
I forget the source, but I read the mantra somewhere (it's not complete) that you should, among other things, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like no-one is watching.

Good advice I thought.

postman

Legendary Member
Please forgive the ignorance.But having never been unemployed in 40 years.How can too fit looking young people be living off benefits.How can you make a choice.To work or not to work.Or are they mature students.?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
yorkshiregoth said:

it was called the snake dance, and was immortalized by the march violets track of the same name.

bobg

Über Member
col said:
Live and let live i say,they werent bothering anyone.

What Col said. What a load of ald puritans! OK what did you lot look like at 15 and how many of you have got teenage kids who didn't rebel in some way or other? It really is only a phase.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
bobg said:
What Col said. What a load of ald puritans! OK what did you lot look like at 15 and how many of you have got teenage kids who didn't rebel in some way or other? It really is only a phase.

I'm quite happy for them to get on the bus but 2 healthy young 19 year olds should maybe have higher ambitions that procreating in a council house and living off benefits IMHO

bobg

Über Member
rich p said:
I'm quite happy for them to get on the bus but 2 healthy young 19 year olds should maybe have higher ambitions that procreating in a council house and living off benefits IMHO

There are some pretty sad kids out there, none too academic, crap education, useless parents, no job, no chance of getting one, ambition knocked out of them..

snorri

Legendary Member
rich p said:
but 2 healthy young 19 year olds should maybe have higher ambitions that procreating in a council house and living off benefits IMHO

I think they probably have higher ambitions, but it wouldn't be "cool" for them to admit it.
They keep their shoes well polished, always a good sign.:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
rich p said:

I dunno. Compared to some of the kids you see with their mouths hanging open and knukles on the floor, those seem like fairly focussed ambitions....

Top Bottom