Property Damage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
U

User6179

The thing is its my window that's been hit with the ball (5 times), its not been smashed yet but when I asked the neighbour she said it wasn't her kids that kicked it so she was not responsible, so I told her to keep all the kids out my garden and tell them if the ball comes in I will chuck it back over when I find it, I was allowing them in up to that point but they were just taking the p1ss by not using the gate and jumping the fence, standing in all my plants and I think urinating behind my shed, it stinks but I have not caught them doing it yet.
I think she is out of order allowing up to 13 kids into a small garden and she does not want to take any responsibility for any damage they cause!
I mentioned nets to her husband but he said they were unsightly.

OP
OP
U

User6179

Wrong. The person who let them kick a football about in their garden was the person who judged the risk to be small enough. Their fault.

That is what I think but I am not sure the law backs it up , couldn't find anything on tinternet.

OP
OP
U

User6179

Could you ask a local pcso to go and talk to her before things possibly escalate?

Be like talking to wood , she just does not get it , up until 2 weeks ago their dog was barking most of the day , one neighbour sold up and another who works constant nights got triple glazing put in after her house failed to sell, other neighbour who lives next door to them on the other side hates them with a passion, I think they are trying to buy friends in the street by allowing all the kids in their garden , problem is 3 of them have behavioural problems, one of which is on medication and he is by far not the worst of the 3 , all the other parents must be loving it as they don't need to watch their own kids.

Indent the kids to a double glazing company so they can learn how to fix the window

OP
OP
U

User6179

You could put up nets, really great big fecking unsightly ones. With claxons and bells and flashing lights on.

I have got about 1000 metres of insulation netting that you put under floors to sit insulation on, I canny even mind where it came from, I will wrap it round their house one night when they are sleeping !

MarkF

Guru
Get a grip man, it's kids playing football, unless you have an unusually fragile window and they have a particularly heavy football, you've nothing to worry about.

Ex- junior coach, seen a ball hit window a 1000 times without ever breaking one.

OP
OP
U

User6179

Get a grip man, it's kids playing football, unless you have an unusually fragile window and they have a particularly heavy football, you've nothing to worry about.

Ex- junior coach, seen a ball hit window a 1000 times without ever breaking one.

Up to 13 kids for up to 12 hours a day at weekends and come the holidays , chuck in an 11 stone dogue de Bordeaux barking , They had Vuvuzelas the night, no kidding.
BTW they don't get in any other garden in the street, one of the kids has a massive back garden with astroturf about the size of a 5 aside pitch but they are not allowed in and another actually has a lock on his gates to stop them getting in, neighbours kids can play and make as much noise up to a point as they want in their own garden but I aint sitting listening to other kids if their parents are not allowing them in to their gardens.

Top Bottom