Property Damage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am renting it out to some woman called Liz,

View attachment 354245

Liz cheats...

She has a secret force of gardeners whose job it is to take out errant footballs before they cause damage

maxresdefault.jpg

MarkF

Guru
Up to 13 kids for up to 12 hours a day at weekends and come the holidays , chuck in an 11 stone dogue de Bordeaux barking , They had Vuvuzelas the night, no kidding.
BTW they don't get in any other garden in the street, one of the kids has a massive back garden with astroturf about the size of a 5 aside pitch but they are not allowed in and another actually has a lock on his gates to stop them getting in, neighbours kids can play and make as much noise up to a point as they want in their own garden but I aint sitting listening to other kids if their parents are not allowing them in to their gardens.

We are all different and all young once? Kids can drive you bonkers, especially other peoples kids. But both my next door neighbours have moved in the last year, 5 noisy kids gone, I miss the sounds of their pleasure.

OP
OP
U

User6179

We are all different and all young once? Kids can drive you bonkers, especially other peoples kids. But both my next door neighbours have moved in the last year, 5 noisy kids gone, I miss the sounds of their pleasure.

I know what you mean , when its just the neighbours 3 boys out playing they are not that loud and play how you would expect boys that age to play , making ramps for their bikes to jump over, toy fighting , climbing things , it takes you back to when you were young , everyday an adventure .

No problem with that, told the neighbours I am not moaning about their kids , I am moaning about the other 10 kids that come in off the street and go mental.

keithmac

Guru
The thing is its my window that's been hit with the ball (5 times), its not been smashed yet but when I asked the neighbour she said it wasn't her kids that kicked it so she was not responsible, so I told her to keep all the kids out my garden and tell them if the ball comes in I will chuck it back over when I find it, I was allowing them in up to that point but they were just taking the p1ss by not using the gate and jumping the fence, standing in all my plants and I think urinating behind my shed, it stinks but I have not caught them doing it yet.
I think she is out of order allowing up to 13 kids into a small garden and she does not want to take any responsibility for any damage they cause!
I mentioned nets to her husband but he said they were unsightly.

I wouldn't put up with that either. Fair enough kids will be kids but that would cross the line with me as well.

Neighbour saying she wouldn't pay for any damages just makes it worse.

If my lad or his mates caused similar damage I would pay for the repair and then try and work it out with the parent afterwards (as any honest homeowner would).

If it's that much of a nuisance get in touch with the council..

OP
OP
U

User6179

Get a really decent fence up and get a proper guard dog, that you take for guard dog training etc and I think there will be an improvement. They will be too scared to come near your property.My friend had 2 male rottweilers and lived in a not so great area and had no problems at all with neighbours , burglars etc.

I built a new fence 2 years ago after they destroyed the first fence which looks about as old as the first fence now, I cant even put my Border Collie out in the garden as it goes mental because she has a ball fixation^_^ and I don't want to risk her biting one of the kids if they did come in the garden.

OP
OP
U

User6179

I wouldn't put up with that either. Fair enough kids will be kids but that would cross the line with me as well.

Neighbour saying she wouldn't pay for any damages just makes it worse.

If my lad or his mates caused similar damage I would pay for the repair and then try and work it out with the parent afterwards (as any honest homeowner would).

If it's that much of a nuisance get in touch with the council..

They already broke the cars wing mirror and didn't even offer to pay, they have broken the bricking edge on my wall using mono blocks for a hammer, everyday my driveway is covered in stones so they are chucking them at the car, their dog comes in and pees everywhere and then digs the lawn up with its back legs, when they first moved in the guy was letting his dog out to sh1t in other folks gardens until I had a go at him , he still lets it out in the morning when nobody is about but I have seen him do it , I think its time I went Medieval on his ass:biggrin:

keithmac

Guru
They already broke the cars wing mirror and didn't even offer to pay, they have broken the bricking edge on my wall using mono blocks for a hammer, everyday my driveway is covered in stones so they are chucking them at the car, their dog comes in and pees everywhere and then digs the lawn up with its back legs, when they first moved in the guy was letting his dog out to sh1t in other folks gardens until I had a go at him , he still lets it out in the morning when nobody is about but I have seen him do it , I think its time I went Medieval on his ass:biggrin:

Sounds bad mate, might be worth asking the plod for advice as well of they're chucking stones at your car/ property.

None of that is acceptable and you shouldn't have to put up with any of it imho..

OP
OP
U

User6179

I think if things are that bad you need to be going to the Police, they can serve Asbos and if they dont stick to them people can end up in prison.

I read something on the Local Council website and you need to go through them and they then go to court to get an ASBO but I think you need to go through the Councils mediation first .

Up to 13 kids for up to 12 hours a day at weekends and come the holidays , chuck in an 11 stone dogue de Bordeaux barking , They had Vuvuzelas the night, no kidding.
BTW they don't get in any other garden in the street, one of the kids has a massive back garden with astroturf about the size of a 5 aside pitch but they are not allowed in and another actually has a lock on his gates to stop them getting in, neighbours kids can play and make as much noise up to a point as they want in their own garden but I aint sitting listening to other kids if their parents are not allowing them in to their gardens.
Only one thing for it, join in:
tumblr_mzspn6D0XW1tqb90so1_500.gif

OP
OP
U

User6179

Sounds bad mate, might be worth asking the plod for advice as well of they're chucking stones at your car/ property.

None of that is acceptable and you shouldn't have to put up with any of it imho..

To be honest I am more bothered by the stress the noise is causing me, they could torch the car and demolish the wall and the fence as long as I get a couple of hours quiet a day:smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
B?

A cycling question. You are riding along a road and your front tyre goes over a stone which shoots off and smashes a window, damages a car, (whatever). It was a totally freak occurrence and unintentional. Ride on, or stop and offer to pay for the damage? :whistle:

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
B?

A cycling question. You are riding along a road and your front tyre goes over a stone which shoots off and smashes a window, damages a car, (whatever). It was a totally freak occurrence and unintentional. Ride on, or stop and offer to pay for the damage? :whistle:

Chances of being caught?

Top Bottom